Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Is there a way to delete whole albums without having to delete each songs?
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see you made your first post.

I have no answer for your question, but maybe another member more knowledgeable can chime in.
BTW, What are you driving? :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Is there any way to transfer iPod files to the hard drive?
No. You would have to use the original CD's that were ripped into iTunes or burn to CD the tracks from iTunes, and then load them in the car. Very painful. You could use a rewritable CD for the process to reduce the cost of blank CD's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am curious if I burn a CD full of MP3 files, will they get copied onto the Hard Drive after I insert the CD? or do I have to play all of the songs to get them copied ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am curious if I burn a CD full of MP3 files, will they get copied onto the Hard Drive after I insert the CD? or do I have to play all of the songs to get them copied ?
I haven't tried in the TLX, but when I tried in my TSX, it wouldn't record them. It seems that only the standard audio CDs can get recorded.

·
Registered
666 Posts
If the tracks are burned in CD format then they can be copied, but not a collection of MP3's. There is a facility to manually record without listening and it is really quick (faster than listening).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll just load my MP3 music onto a USB stick and use the car's USB drive instead of HDD then. At 16Gb, the internal HDD is not that large anyways, we have USB drives with much higher capacities these days.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Just in case you did not know...

Just in case you did not know...

The CD Ripping process happens as soon as the CD is inserted or the first song plays.

You do not have to play the entire CD in order to rip it entirely to HDD. (Look for the record indicators.)

In my usage, I noticed by the time I reached playing the third song the entire CD was ripped. I was amazed.

:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I'll just load my MP3 music onto a USB stick and use the car's USB drive instead of HDD then. At 16Gb, the internal HDD is not that large anyways, we have USB drives with much higher capacities these days.
Very true. If you decide not to rip to HDD, you may want disable it. But then again, it not like you are wasting CDs.

First time I played a couple of CDs on the way to work, I didn't realize that the default is set to rip to hdd. I read a post online and went out to the car at lunch to check what I learned. Both of my CDs were ripped to HDD and I didn't have any fore knowledge it had happened.

I still rip CDs occasionally, but USB shows album art in addition to storing more songs, as long as you stay below the 20,000 track limit.
:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
CD's? I haven't used a CD in like 5 years. I wish they would allow non-copy protected MP3's to be copied to HDD.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I still buy them, put them into iTunes, then atore them...despite iMatch. Old school i guess.

Now they are also duped onto my hdd in case i get banished to the garage.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
How much space is used on my HDD

How do you know when the hard drive is full?
You may get an error message.:)

There is a option somewhere in settings that you can check how much space you are using.

Under Audio Settings ...

HDD info ...

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
New HDD Feature?

A friend let me borrow a CD of a group he went to see perform locally. I slipped the CD into my ELS. I was planning to rip the CD and give it back to him. I could then listen to this music at my leisure.

In the past I noticed the red 'R's next to each track indicating that each track will be ripped. Today I noticed at the top of the display they have a new indicator I did not see before. It's simple text that is listed as "REC: xxx%" I thought that was pretty neat. This new feature must have appeared since the last ELS update. After a minute into the third song, the entire CD was totally ripped and read as REC:100%.

Very neat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts