Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When reversing/backing up I get two colors for the guidelines. Orange when turning and yellow when straight. Is this correct or am I missing the green color? I thought it was green when test driving the demo.

·
Registered
423 Posts
No, its yellow when the wheels are straight, when you turn them and the dynamic line moves then it turns orange to show you that the wheels are turned.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Overall through your experience so far with the type of parking you have been doing, how are you liking the system? How accurate have you found it to be?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I find it a lot clearer than the ILX backup I previously had. And the dynamic lines that move make it easier to park whereas before those static ones were pretty much redundant for me.

I find them very useful and usually have it set on the wide angle view that gives you better line of sight from the sides.
It has made me lazy in reversing as I have got used to the dimensions of the vehicle I rarely use my side mirrors now and mainly only if the spot is really tight I am squeezing into.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I am not too impressed with the backup camera at night. Hard to see parking spot lines.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Not sure where all of you live but the backup camera on my current vehicle is almost useless in the winter with the road salt. I'm guessing the other sensors in the vehicle will be affected to a certain extent from the same issue.

Time for self washing cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was looking at the backing up guidelines tonight and does the dotted line represent contact point with object/car behind you? Also is there a trick to lining up the guidelines if you're parallel parking and want to get as close to curb as possible? I notice the guidelines lay over the curb when you're parking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts