Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just dropped a deposit tonite

delivery date is end of next month though, but i can wait

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is the final configuration you decided on?

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid the deposit but still undecided on the rustproofing

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i did not test 4 cylinder

because honestly, if i opted for FWD only, i would have went for something like a camry (no offense to the FWD TLX owners)....the main reason for considering the TLX is the SH-AWD offering

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have seen the blue one in the dealer, looks nice but i didnt order blue myself

i got metalic gray and black interior

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i picked black interior for 2 reasons:

- jeans stains will be more evident on lighter leather colors, cant risk that
- if you pick metallic gray exterior, black is the only choice for interior; they wont let you go gray on white lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
no i did not test 4 cylinder

because honestly, if i opted for FWD only, i would have went for something like a camry (no offense to the FWD TLX owners)....the main reason for considering the TLX is the SH-AWD offering
You do realize that this is not a full time AWD. Only kicks in when you are in a slippery situation. So most of the time you'll be driving a "camry".

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You do realize that this is not a full time AWD. Only kicks in when you are in a slippery situation. So most of the time you'll be driving a "camry".
oh im fine with that; thats the reason i opted for SH-AWD anyways

·
Registered
317 Posts
Actually, this is not correct. SH-AWD is based on intelligent torque distribution that works differently in different driving scenarios:
1. Acceleration - up to 44% of power is transferred to rear wheels
2. Cruising - 90% is sent to front wheels and 10 % to rear wheels
3. Cornering - 70% is sent to rear with a chance of up to 100% vectoring to the outer wheels (this is the coolest feature I think SH AWD can offer, especially on wet pavement)
4 Lane change - power transferred to the inside rear wheel
5. Slippery traction - power goes to the wheel with most traction

The bottom line is that all the time all wheels are powered, just the torque distribution varies - its different than Audi quatro or subaru solution and it is definitely not like driving a Camry.

You can see on the dash how the torque is distributed to all wheels real time while driving a SH Awd model.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well to be honest, i am no car enthusiast; just want a comfy car that's bigger than civic/ILX in size, because i own an 2001 acura EL which is basically a decade-old ILX

i feel that if i restrict my choices to FWD only, my range of choices will become much bigger.....camry, accord, altima, etc. yes, the TLX is quiet like a vault, but those 3 vehicles are also much cheaper in comparison, especially if i do not go for the V6 variants.

it really comes down to how much i pay and how much i get in return

even though i do not regret my TLX SH-AWD purchase, i really do not need that 300hp power in the v6. coming from a acura EL which only had less than 130hp, sure its nice to reach highway speed limit almost instantly, but when i get my TLX i will have to change my driving habits abit to make sure i do not speed unintentionally. had the I4 model also offered SH-AWD i would have jumped on that instead and save myself some money. that said, i appreciate option of turning off the cylinders on the V6 engine when you are at a stop

1 - 20 of 64 Posts