Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After driving a few hours my wife and switched drivers (with the car in park and running) and when I pressed "1" for my seat and mirror settings, and changed the XM radio station, I found that all my audio settings were gone? All presets gone, all sound settings back to default. Entered all the presets again, different order from what had been set, then mysteriously 20 minutes later the original presets returned? XM or car issue?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. Both keys were on the car and it apparently did go back when it recognized my key. Threw me for a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are some interesting things linked to the key. I recently was puzzled by the map display settings having changed and then I found that I had left my key at home, and was driving only because my wife's car happened to be in the car! As soon I used my key, everything was as it should be!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So... not to hijack the thread or anything, but when something like what the OP describes happens, is there any way to switch to the other driver's settings, other than shutting off the car, pressing unlock on the keyfob, and restarting?

This happens to me all the time. My wife and I each have a key, and even though she's in the passenger seat, it often recognizes her key instead of mine, and of course I don't find this out until I start the car. It's annoying to have to shut it down and dig the key out of my pocket to fix it. Why Acura chose to have the driver selection buttons only set the seat positions is beyond me. In every other car I've ever been in, the driver selection buttons change all recorded driver settings, including radio stations (assuming those are driver-specific), but no... not Acura.

Like many things Acura, I've found that they often get the concepts very right, but the details very very wrong.

·
Registered
93 Posts
^ Who's unlocking the car? You or your wife? I would think it's what ever key is used to unlock the car carries the settings...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not sure if your question was to me or the OP. In my case, it's quite possible that her key is the first to unlock the doors, although from the passenger side. Again, most cars I've driven have differentiated which side is being unlocked, and preferred the fob opening the Drivers side to the one on the Passenger side, even if technically, the passenger side performs the unlocking. Another "detail" that, in my opinion, Acura may be getting wrong (too little data to really blame Acura for this one just yet).

Still... my question wasn't what causes this, since I'm aware it's a fob issue. My question is whether there's a way to change "driver" settings from the infotainment system, *without* turning off the car, digging the key out of the pocket to hit the unlock key, and restarting the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Gremlins, I have often found my temperature settings changed upon entering the car. With respect to what is and what is not tied to the key fobs, I always have both upon enetering my car. As to WHAT those settings are, I do not see any relationship to the outside weather. I have seen the settings at 77 and also at 69 (both F) and yet I was responsible for neither, and I am the sole owner/driver of the 2015 TLX. (As one responder said "First World Problems" and I agree since the work around is so simple), but it does speak to Gremlins in the machine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts