Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow TLX owners,

New 2G TLX Type S proud owner. Living in sunnyside Northern California. Scouted out a few forum sites like this, Acurazine, etc; hoping to share some thoughts, possibly learn cool mods, and eventually gain some tuneup advice once kits are made and my warranty is expired (gotta get that extra 50hp!)

Driven 700 miles so far, and completely love it. So far, here’s all the extras i’ve gotten since purchase:

-all weather Type S mats and trunk tray
-cargo net
-black SH-AWD and TLX emblems
-OEM underbody side and rear spoilers
-window tint all around
-ceramic coating

Looking to get the Y-Spoke NSX style wheels or cool aftermarkets (can’t decide, but maybe i’ll get some good ideas from the forums here).

overall, couldn’t be happier with my baby.

Here’s a few pics taken after installation of my body spoilers.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your TLX is looking good in the sunshine!
What ceramic coating did you go for?

Reactions: Kay_Type S

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Your TLX is looking good in the sunshine!
What ceramic coating did you go for?
Thanks!

For ceramic coating, had a local guy coat with artdeshine ceramic metal oxide. So far so good, washing’s been easy!

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Those coatings are expensive, but at over 5 years old, it still beads up nicely.
Add all your mods to your signature.

Reactions: Kay_Type S

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those coatings are expensive, but at over 5 years old, it still beads up nicely.
Add all your mods to your signature.
Signature updated!
Yup, definitely expensive but agree the 5 year+ investment is worth it. Only thing I regret is not getting a clear bra first. Already had a rock chip mess up my paint hood. Ordered a Dr color chip kit online and seeing if that will work (from youtube videos, seems to work like magic). After that gonna pay for a guy to remove the ceramic coating in the front and apply a full front PPF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello fellow TLX owners,

New 2G TLX Type S proud owner. Living in sunnyside Northern California. Scouted out a few forum sites like this, Acurazine, etc; hoping to share some thoughts, possibly learn cool mods, and eventually gain some tuneup advice once kits are made and my warranty is expired (gotta get that extra 50hp!)

Driven 700 miles so far, and completely love it. So far, here’s all the extras i’ve gotten since purchase:

-all weather Type S mats and trunk tray
-cargo net
-black SH-AWD and TLX emblems
-OEM underbody side and rear spoilers
-window tint all around
-ceramic coating

Looking to get the Y-Spoke NSX style wheels or cool aftermarkets (can’t decide, but maybe i’ll get some good ideas from the forums here).

overall, couldn’t be happier with my baby.

Here’s a few pics taken after installation of my body spoilers.

View attachment 27040
View attachment 27043
View attachment 27045
View attachment 27044
View attachment 27042
View attachment 27041
Very sharp looking car!! I have white typeS as well! Sitting at around 650miles so far,
I joined this forum seemed like on the best tlx ones online.
I have a few questions regarding to regular driving

my typeS does a clicking noise when coming to a stop,almost like a disengaging sound from transmission? Wondering if that’s normal does this happen to you as well? Its not always, only sometimes

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very sharp looking car!! I have white typeS as well! Sitting at around 650miles so far,
I joined this forum seemed like on the best tlx ones online.
I have a few questions regarding to regular driving

my typeS does a clicking noise when coming to a stop,almost like a disengaging sound from transmission? Wondering if that’s normal does this happen to you as well? Its not always, only sometimes
Nice! Platinum white pearl club!

About the clicking, I personally havent heard or noticed anything like that when decelerating or coming to a stop; but then again I do have my music blaring (sound system’s too sweet to not take advantage). Only noticeable thing I do notice is the exhaust popping when doing hard acceleration (which is normal). I’ll try and see if I can replicate anything next time i’m on the road.

It might be worth creating a new thread in whichever forum dedicated to troubleshooting/issues? Otherwise, I personally wouldn’t risk it and take it to the dealer. Clicking could be a number of things, whether thats break pads or something loose etc. I’m assuming no lights are coming on which is a good sign. Do you feel the car vibrate at all when coming to a stop?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! Platinum white pearl club!

About the clicking, I personally havent heard or noticed anything like that when decelerating or coming to a stop; but then again I do have my music blaring (sound system’s too sweet to not take advantage). Only noticeable thing I do notice is the exhaust popping when doing hard acceleration (which is normal). I’ll try and see if I can replicate anything next time i’m on the road.

It might be worth creating a new thread in whichever forum dedicated to troubleshooting/issues? Otherwise, I personally wouldn’t risk it and take it to the dealer. Clicking could be a number of things, whether thats break pads or something loose etc. I’m assuming no lights are coming on which is a good sign. Do you feel the car vibrate at all when coming to a stop?
No vibration at all, and definitely hear the muffler pops on hard acceleration sounds so nice! It’s mostly when driving at slow speeds and coming to a stop, like mentioned almost sounds like a disengaging sound, i will create a thread on it thanks for your reply! If you do in fact give it a listen please reply to this thread thanks! TypeS🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got gloss black PPF on the roof, dynoflex for the windshield, and full front clear bra. Very happy with it.

Attachments

Reactions: RjaySean
1 - 11 of 11 Posts