Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car is locked and all lights are off, there is a red light blinking which I know if for the alarm, but I have now noticed a green LED that is solid for a few minutes after locking the car. The light is located between the blue assist and red emergency button in the homelink area. Can someone tell me what this light is for?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Is it blinking from the homelink buttons - 1 of the 3?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is a solid green light, no blinking, while the car is off and the doors are locked. The buttons are not being pressed

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ok yes i have the same green LED. Searched the manuals and the web, our friends at Acurazine seem to think it has to do with Acuralink or onboard cellular connectivity.

I have never noticed it before, and will now watch it to see if it stays green.

Hmmmmmmm.....

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Wow! I can't see the green light. :(

I have looked.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Will take a photo tomorrow. Also, mine was on today when i was driving. Not when car was locked and off..

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had not noticed the green LED until reading this thread but it is there, between the two Acuralink buttons.:eek:

In my case it comes on shortly after I open the driver's side door. I have not noticed it at night so I don't know whether it is on then or not. I have not found anything from Honda, Acura, or Acuralink that specifically addresses that but in reading threads in an MDX forum the thought is that it indicates connectivity to Acuralink. A couple of reporters in the MDX forum said that their light turned red and they had to take it back to the dealer to have Acuralink rebooted. At least one person indicated that they thought there had to be cell phone connectivity for it to be green. I can confirm that cell phone connectivity does not affect the color. I turned my iPhone off and left it in the house while I went outside to observe the LED in my TLX. The LED lit a solid green. I suspect that a solid green indicates that Acuralink is functioning properly. A red indicator means that it is not functioning properly.

I have a "driver education" workshop with my dealer on Thursday evening. I'll try and get a definitive answer then and report back. :D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I did some testing today and it is in fact for Acura Link.

When the car is on or in accessory mode it shows green.

When the car is shut off it stays green for about 30 seconds and shuts off.

While sitting in the car with the car off (the green light is off) I launched the Acura Link app on my phone and requested the vehicle's status. The light blinked red and then green and then off. It came back on solid green after a few more seconds.

So, based in that quick test I'd have to agree that it shows the connection to Acura Link.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Today, for my hour of commuting, was solid green all the time (as far as I can tell).

I just confirmed the LED flashing that @andre12dbsi has. I never got a red LED, but on and off green as I connected with Acuralink app on my iPad.

Also - a photo below for those interested in the location, 'cuz I promised

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts