Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the 15-021 Service Bulletin was announced, I had emailed my service manager that worked with me for an introductory update to my 9 speed. The rough shifting and erratic behavior has returned now.

Well, after a well worded email exchange, I received a voicemail from her today, asking that I bring my car in on May 5th for the area service manager to drive and use my car to help a technical team in California come up with a solution. This team is dedicated to the 9 speed issues, so this is no longer being labeled as a concern of a few individuals. I was asked to allow them to pilot different ideas on my car in order to help come up with a solution.

This sounds like the last time I brought my car in, so I hope this is not a run around. In my email, I did mention legal pursuit, so that may have something to do with this. It sounds like my car will be in for a while. Hopefully a permanent solution is out there soon, for us 9 speed folk.

Wes

·
Registered
181 Posts
Before the 15-021 Service Bulletin was announced, I had emailed my service manager that worked with me for an introductory update to my 9 speed. The rough shifting and erratic behavior has returned now.

Well, after a well worded email exchange, I received a voicemail from her today, asking that I bring my car in on May 5th for the area service manager to drive and use my car to help a technical team in California come up with a solution. This team is dedicated to the 9 speed issues, so this is no longer being labeled as a concern of a few individuals. I was asked to allow them to pilot different ideas on my car in order to help come up with a solution.

This sounds like the last time I brought my car in, so I hope this is not a run around. In my email, I did mention legal pursuit, so that may have something to do with this. It sounds like my car will be in for a while. Hopefully a permanent solution is out there soon, for us 9 speed folk.

Wes
Wes,
Just wondering if you are only referring to the rough shifts in the low gears, or also about the delay when accelerating when moving. Seems like the rough shifts might be software related and therefore might be solved by some reprogramming, but the delay is more a function of the dog clutch design. Do you notice the delay? I have not pulled the trigger on TLX yet, but on test drives I noticed a very pronounced lag when accelerating while moving (for example when merging onto a highway when coming up to speed on an on ramp). I really hope that Acura can find solution for the transmission issues....would love to buy another Acura.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have had my TLX V6 P-AWS since February (a little over 1,000 miles so far) and have yet to experience any of the transmission issues mentioned. I have only operated in the NORMAL and SPORT modes but so far no complaints.

The take off from stop in the normal mode is a little sluggish but nothing that seems to be problematic. Shifting between gears seems similar to the experiences I had with the TSXs that I previously leased. There was a noticeable shift but not unduly harsh. The takeoff from stop in the sport mode is instantaneous. Subsequent shifting between gears is almost unnoticeable.

I have yet to use the paddle shifters. I like to drive simplistically:laugh:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts