Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought one home today. Any one familier with Resistall ? Dealer claimed he had it on my car and tried to include it the price, but I did not budge. I think I got a pretty good deal, hope all goes well with my car.

Reactions: Summest

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Congratulations! You did well by not paying for something that they put on the car that you didn't ask for. It's sad to think of how many people they probably hook by doing that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What is this Resistall? Some type of paint protector?

Not cool adding things to cars that you don't ask for. I bet so many people just pay for everything they put on the bill. Most people are intimidated by the process of buying anew car. Its not really familiar territory unless you are a car salesman.

·
Registered
727 Posts
What is this Resistall? Some type of paint protector?

Not cool adding things to cars that you don't ask for. I bet so many people just pay for everything they put on the bill. Most people are intimidated by the process of buying anew car. Its not really familiar territory unless you are a car salesman.
It's all a matter of being well informed as with any big purchase. The same can be said for buying a house.

You can buy a house that looks perfect, but weeks after moving in you discover there's a mold problem and a host of other issues

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's all a matter of being well informed as with any big purchase. The same can be said for buying a house.

You can buy a house that looks perfect, but weeks after moving in you discover there's a mold problem and a host of other issues
Very true. You really have to look over the bill closely to make sure everything on the bill is stuff that you ask for.

I have heard so many stories about and have seen so many tv shows about houses that have mold or plumbing issues.

This is a little bit different though. This would be more like the sellers putting in a new hot water heater and then trying to charge the buyers for it when they hadn't asked for it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah.

Dealer is smart though, pushing things like this on new car owners since folks at that stage are more likely to buy into what will protect their vehicle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Probably makes him a lot of money, but it makes me weary of this dealer. If you take it in for repairs or maintenance you should be careful to look over the bill at that point too. If he adds on things at purchase, he will likely do it in other places as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts