Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on buying a 2015 TLX V6 AWD in the next few weeks and am leaning toward a Graphite Metallic exterior. Which color would you recommend for the interior? The dealer has Ebony or Greystone available. I've never had a black interior and am a bit worried about the heat In the summer months and keeping it clean.

Thanks,
LMB

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get the Ebony, it is awesome. The AC will cool things down nicely and you can remote roll down the windows as you approach the car to let it air out. On top of that the seats are ventilated/cooled.

I have the this exact car. I live in So Cal, so it does get hot in the summer. Did not like the Greystone as it looked too light against the exterior. Plus, figured it would show dirt more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the graphite exterior with ebony interior also. The greystone would be nice if it was actually a darker shade of grey. It is so light and basically looks like an off-white. The other thing is, the interior and door panels with the greystone are kind of two-toned between the greystone and black.... the doors are black from what i remember and have greystone inserts in them, and then the seats are greystone and the carpets are black.

In my opinion I like the ebony interior better and it does a good job at hiding dirt. I have the car tinted 20% on the front windows and 5% in the rear so the car getting hot is not an issue

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I was not planning on tinting the windows. Where do your get it done? It sounds like the black interior may be the way to go.
At the end of the day, you should definitely go with whatever you think you will like and enjoy in the long run. My previous Honda had a beige interior, so I was pretty tired of having that and wanted something darker. Had Acura provided a nice medium to dark grey, I would have probably went with that, but since they didn't I chose the ebony interior. Both the ebony and greystone should hold up equally well in the long run and it's not a problem as long as you take care of the leather/leatherette. Take a look at both when you go to the dealer and see what you like. The greystone was just too light for me, and I did not like the two-toned look that I mentioned in my last post.

As for tint, I had a local shop in Southern California apply it for me. Depending on where you live, you can probably find a well rated place if you look on Yelp, ask your dealer, or maybe you already know of a local shop that installs tint. Just to give you a ball park idea, it can run anywhere for about $150-300 to get it installed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have the graphite exterior with ebony interior and like it a lot. It doesn't show the dirt as much as the lighter interiors do. However, it does get hot. I have the Advance package (Canadian Elite) and it came with the remote start. The remote start works just as well in the summer heat as it does in the winter cold. Hit it about 5 minutes before getting into the car and it makes it comfy for you when you get in. I don't have tinted windows and don't plan to get them tinted at this time. You can get remote start with the other V6 packages for a little additional charge.:D

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
You can see I have a clone of Wade's vehicle (see my signature). The Graystone was too light. Too easily scuffed.

As also said, you will need to be happy with your selection. I found that there are set colors for the headliner and upper dash for different families of interior colors. The Ebony (black) seems to have many more common pieces in all interior colors.

Click through all the interior colors to see what changes on this page. But surely sit is all combos before you choose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Definitely the ebony. It looks much nicer, and over the long haul, keeps the nice look when the leather starts to wear. I had a Nissan Maxima with a black leather interior and used it in Arizona for 15 years. After all of those years, the leather still looks great, and with good window tinting and AC, the dark leather did just fine. So for me it was a no brainer to get the ebony interior with the Graphite Metallic Exterior on my TLX. My wife's car has tan leather, and it just doesn't look that good after lots of wear and tear. Grey leather also seems to look more worn/dirty after lots of use. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I actually prefer the greystone on the graphite exterior. Think it looks pretty sharp, keeps the car a lot cooler than the black too and a lot cooler at that.
Although here in Canada Acura haven't used that leather much in the last couple of years they have in the past and the cars I have seen the leather ages well so that's not an issue.
I like the contrast between the black steering wheel and the grey leather as didn't like the previous where they colour coded the dash and steering like with the beige as everything got filthy elbow and up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Living in So Cal and having had my last 2 cars with black leather, I opted for the greystone. Definitely cooler. I also put the 3M Cyrstaline tint on. Yes, the leather shows a bit more dirt, and I'm hoping it will hold up over time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.