Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2015 TLX Tech for about a month and have been ripping some CDs to the hard disk. It seems to only have a 75% hit rate whether Gracenote recognizes the CD and generates information regarding track names, and most of these CDs are over a year old. The newest one was "Cheek to Cheek" by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett that I had to enter by hand which is a royal pain :mad:. I had one CD by the group Kansas that it knew the name but not the tracks. I then updated the Gracenote database with the file Acura_MDX_ZDX_TSX_AL_APR2015.zip from The Official Acura Site for Gracenote Updates and tried to re-rip the same CD - now it has no information at all on this one :confused:! I will next try deleting the first rip from the hard disk and try a re-rip. It appears that another update will be available in July - hopefully it will help solve this. Anyone have any input on this?
Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I have had my 2015 TLX Tech for about a month and have been ripping some CDs to the hard disk. It seems to only have a 75% hit rate whether Gracenote recognizes the CD and generates information regarding track names, and most of these CDs are over a year old. The newest one was "Cheek to Cheek" by Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett that I had to enter by hand which is a royal pain :mad:. I had one CD by the group Kansas that it knew the name but not the tracks. I then updated the Gracenote database with the file Acura_MDX_ZDX_TSX_AL_APR2015.zip from The Official Acura Site for Gracenote Updates and tried to re-rip the same CD - now it has no information at all on this one :confused:! I will next try deleting the first rip from the hard disk and try a re-rip. It appears that another update will be available in July - hopefully it will help solve this. Anyone have any input on this?
Thanks!
I just double-checked my ripped collection and found all were identified properly.

Most of my CDs were purchased last century, (late 90s), but I did borrow a newly minted CD from a friend and ripped it. He said the guy and gal are just starting out. He saw them play at someone's house at a private party. I would think he is more obscure than Gaga. All songs were correctly labeled with title and tracks. The CD is called "The Unorthodox Duo" made this year, but then I have August's notes? :confused:

I updated my Gracenotes in August 2014. I just downloaded the latest. Let's see if I lose information. :eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After more research I have found that while the The Official Acura Site for Gracenote Updates does not list the TLX or any 2015 model years, if I select an MDX 2014 or RLX 2014, it will direct me to download the following file - Acura_RLX_MDX_TLX_AL_APR2015.zip which contains data of different sizes and filenames from the Acura_MDX_ZDX_TSX_AL_APR2015.zip file I previously installed. I will burn this one to CD and see if the car will let me install it even though it is not a more recent update. Hopefully NavTec's Acura component can get the site updated soon to recognize the 2015 model year and models so we can avoid this guessing game :confused:.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
... I will burn this one to CD and see if the car will let me install it even though it is not a more recent update...
You can also update via USB (faster)
See here for those instructions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it! The file Acura_RLX_MDX_TLX_AL_APR2015.zip found under 2014 MDX solved the problem. After installing the update (much faster using USB than CD) I just had to go to the CDs I had previously loaded, go to Edit the album name and drop down to Get Music Info. Once it got the info from the Gracenote database I had to push the knob again to Edit, which wrote in the track information and saved it away. All is good!

·
Registered
60 Posts
under which car did you dowload
2014 MDX or 2014 RLX?
The files inside CDDB folder are different under MDX and RLX

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2014 MDX or 2014 RLX?
I clicked on MDX then 2014 and It pointed me to download Acura_RLX_MDX_TLX_AL_APR2015.zip which works and is recognizing 100% of my CDs. I think the key is having TLX in the filename and not TSX.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2014 MDX or 2014 RLX?
I clicked on MDX then 2014 and It pointed me to download Acura_RLX_MDX_TLX_AL_APR2015.zip which works and is recognizing 100% of my CDs. I think the key is having TLX in the filename and not TSX.

Just to make sure. Are these the files under the CDDB folder? I downloaded both under MDX and RLX and they have the same files?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to make sure. Are these the files under the CDDB folder? I downloaded both under MDX and RLX and they have the same files?

Yes - You can leave the file pamenipla.apn in the CDDB folder but make sure there is a copy of it on the root of the CD or USB.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
I had a new CD that was not recognized. I see that Gracenote has a July Update. I had the April update. Next update will be October 2015.
Here is the URL, but it may not work for others, as I navigated to it via my Owners Acura account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts