Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had my TLX for about a month and now it's in the shop.. was driving to work one day and all of a sudden the GPS went blank and the touch screen to change your ac and music is blank. Anyone else have this problem? Acura said my audio box fried and this is the first case they heard of.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome!

Well had my TLX for about a month and now it's in the shop.. was driving to work one day and all of a sudden the GPS went blank and the touch screen to change your ac and music is blank. Anyone else have this problem? Acura said my audio box fried and this is the first case they heard of.
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I have not heard of that issue before.:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
So you took it into the shop. Are they fixing it now? Do you know when you'll get it back?

Sometimes I wonder about mechanics being tasked with fixing things like this. Seems like more of an issue for a computer person instead of a job for a mechanic.

Haven't heard of this problem before though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
So you took it into the shop. Are they fixing it now? Do you know when you'll get it back?

Sometimes I wonder about mechanics being tasked with fixing things like this. Seems like more of an issue for a computer person instead of a job for a mechanic.

why are mechanics not smart enough? My brother is a mechanic and can build computers from the ground up with his eyes closed. Computers operate in essentially the same fashion that a vehicle does, multiple components operating in harmoney towards an end goal, actually if you really want to get gritty, they all work the same as our bodies, but i digress.

Plug the scan tool in, what does it say, follow the protocol. But I guess we need a computer person...

Oh and welcome to the forum @locz90 :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think these days nobody really has time for extended troubleshooting when it comes to car electronics. Most likely, they will check the fuses, potential shorts and if they can't find the problem they will just order/install a new unit....

·
Registered
727 Posts

Mechanics also use systems for making changes to the computer system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it's in the shop since Monday. And they obviously couldn't figure out what it was so they went ahead and ordered a whole new GPS screen and touch screen they said it'll be done by tomorrow. Sucks how it's a brand new car and already to the whole panel remove and replaced smh...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today the same exact issue happened to my TLX, both screens went dark. Do you happen to know what was the issue in your car? Was the solution the full replacement of the system?

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Today the same exact issue happened to my TLX, both screens went dark. Do you happen to know what was the issue in your car? Was the solution the full replacement of the system?
Welcome to the forum. Too bad it's under these circumstances.

This thread is an old one. Do your screens remain dark after the car is restarted, or are they completely off all the time?

Judging by the content in this thread, it appears as though they just swapped out both units. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the OP has been around lately.

Let us know how you make out at the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but this started happening to me a few weeks ago. I heard like an electrical arcing noise and both turned off. They stayed off for about two minutes and turned back on.

I took it in and I was told you aren't supposed to listen to Pandora with USB. It has to be used via Bluetooth. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I realize this is an old thread but this started happening to me a few weeks ago. I heard like an electrical arcing noise and both turned off. They stayed off for about two minutes and turned back on.

I took it in and I was told you aren't supposed to listen to Pandora with USB. It has to be used via Bluetooth. I haven't had any problems since.

If you update your Pandora app, the issue will be resolved.

Sounds like the service dept doesn't know what they're talking about. Why would Pandora be selectable as an audio source if you weren't supposed to listen with USB. How else do you select it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts