Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
Very cool.

The salesman I use, sometimes calls me up and asks if I want to drive something new. I cannot turn him down. Usually the only thing I have to pay is for taxes, title and new window tint. It has saved me from buying tires. All of the earlier TLX models looked the same. The 2021 is definitely a new model year. Luckily insurance only went up $1.23.

2015 TLX Tech - Red, parchment interior (lease was up in 2018)
2016 TLX Tech - Silver, gray interior (Full lease)
2019 TLX Tech - Gray, gray interior (Lease was scheduled to be up in January 2022)
2021 TLX Tech - Espresso, interior (Lease is scheduled to be up in April 2024)

I bought multiple TSXs before I realized leasing was easier, in my case. I used to trade-in every 3 years due to heavy mileage.

Nice to see a friendly crowd is still here.
I remember when you had the 2015 Basque Red Pearl II. I had the same one. I really liked that color - wish they would bring back that version of red for the newer models.

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I remember when you had the 2015 Basque Red Pearl II. I had the same one. I really liked that color - wish they would bring back that version of red for the newer models.
Good memory. Yes. I had to have the car shipped in from another dealer. It was my first TLX. The TSX I had before the 2015 TLX was also called Basque Red Pearl, but didn't have a number.

I almost got the red this year, but it was a bit too bright for me. I didn't want to stand out in the crowd. It was pretty but Gray with the Espresso works well for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Beautiful! I just traded in my ‘15 TLX V6 Advanced for a ‘21 ASPEC and couldn’t be happier. This ‘21 has more thrust off the line and handling is far superior. And of course, the interior is the biggest difference. I picked up the gray with red leather two tone as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
Beautiful! I just traded in my ‘15 TLX V6 Advanced for a ‘21 ASPEC and couldn’t be happier. This ‘21 has more thrust off the line and handling is far superior. And of course, the interior is the biggest difference. I picked up the gray with red leather two tone as well.
Very nice! Your car looks sharp - good luck with it!

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
Good memory. Yes. I had to have the car shipped in from another dealer. It was my first TLX. The TSX I had before the 2015 TLX was also called Basque Red Pearl, but didn't have a number.

I almost got the red this year, but it was a bit too bright for me. I didn't want to stand out in the crowd. It was pretty but Gray with the Espresso works well for me.
I agree with it being a bit "bright". Modern steel metallic is a great color, you almost don't appreciate how nice it looks until you see it up close.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts