Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 2021 TLX Tech Turbo yesterday. Still reading the 643-page manual. Insurance went up a $1.23 over my 2019 TLX. What a beauty. Traded in 2019 (left) for 2021 (right).

2021 TLX Tech 2.0L Turbo - Modern Steel Metallic

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
Summest is back! Your car looks gorgeous. I want one!

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
35 Posts
Picked up my new 2021 TLX Tech Turbo yesterday. Still reading the 643-page manual. Insurance went up a $1.23 over my 2019 TLX. What a beauty. Traded in 2019 (left) for 2021 (right).
Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
Looks great. Is that the "U" "P"? with palm trees!!
I like the "from" "to" pic. Still not a fan of the "artifact" around the from grill emblem.

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
I like the "from" "to" pic. Still not a fan of the "artifact" around the from grill emblem.
Agree with you on the shield around the Acura emblem. Couldn't they have made it smaller and less noticeable?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up the same year color and model.
We should compare notes. Did you get the Espresso interior as well?

One complaint so far, is that the Sport mode has to be selected on each start up. Otherwise, the car cruises sooo smooth.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe LP, if you mean lower peninsula of Florida. :)

It's the first time I ever saw two of my cars side by side. Had to take a pic.

I can understand your feelings about the clear plate under the emblem. It's different. My Dad had one on his 2019 Genesis. I wonder if Genesis genes are floating over to Acura. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Too bad they dropped the v6. I was on the fence between a 2020 V6 tech, and 2021 tech. Bought the 2020 v6 tech.
Always had the i4 so I can't understand, but I can accept different tastes.

With the 2.0 Turbo and wider body and tires, this thing flies with the 10-speed transmission.

Hopefully a test drive confirmed your sentiments.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe for the 2024 TLX. :)

Hopefully the new Type-S should solve the no v6 issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice, congrats!!! 🙂👍

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL - is that your normal trade in cycle? I'm guessing you have had the most TLX's out of any member of this forum!
Very cool.

The salesman I use, sometimes calls me up and asks if I want to drive something new. I cannot turn him down. Usually the only thing I have to pay is for taxes, title and new window tint. It has saved me from buying tires. All of the earlier TLX models looked the same. The 2021 is definitely a new model year. Luckily insurance only went up $1.23.

2015 TLX Tech - Red, parchment interior (lease was up in 2018)
2016 TLX Tech - Silver, gray interior (Full lease)
2019 TLX Tech - Gray, gray interior (Lease was scheduled to be up in January 2022)
2021 TLX Tech - Espresso, interior (Lease is scheduled to be up in April 2024)

I bought multiple TSXs before I realized leasing was easier, in my case. I used to trade-in every 3 years due to heavy mileage.

Nice to see a friendly crowd is still here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts