Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I might as well get one to qualify for the giveaways.

Dealer said Reds won't get made till some time in August. Maybe drive out in one in September.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats!

I look forward to reading your impressions once you get your hands on one.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Acura 2015 Certificate

How did you get the certificate? Registering for 'Put Me On the List' on the TLX page on Acura.com?
I visited my sales rep that sold me a 2011 TSX. The weird stipulation is that you have to get the certificate before the cars are available. I filled out a credit form and they said I was approved for the entire "Advantage" offer.

I also keep in touch with the sales guy to get the latest news that he knows. Sometimes I know more in some areas than he does, but he is a good guy for a car salesman. :) I figure he wants to sell a car and I want to buy one.

I requested a base model 4 cylinder in Basque Red Pearl II. I believe I have Basque Red Pearl I on my TSX now. He told me to come in and test drive a new TLX in August. Reds won't be available till sometime in September, since they being made fresh in August. I guess because of retooling? I am seriously thinking of getting the Technology Package.

Get in and get your certificate. You have until October 1st to take delivery. I figured it was worth the effort for $1500.

Summest.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just don't get the restriction on Reds until August. I mean if production started today... Unless they're doing all whites, silvers and blacks for the initial dealer allocations...

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just don't get the restriction on Reds until August. I mean if production started today... Unless they're doing all whites, silvers and blacks for the initial dealer allocations...
I am just repeating what my salesman said. He could be wrong or just guessing. Maybe there is a lot of retooling involved? I think the Reds only get the parchment interior, although in Canada they get two types of black.

I still plan to show up in August to test drive any color of TLX I can find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.