Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
315 Posts
I call police to identify to see the damage matching or not but the police is reluctant to do so, they came over and look but can't decide to say that car do it. I wrote a letter to the guy, he denied it. He said he hit the wall but there are damage under his bumper which match the damage of my car, doesn't matter unless the driver confess. Right now I am debating to call my insurance or not. I make the appointment with my body shop next week, so we will see. I will keep everyone posted.
If you make an insurance claim......they might go after the other guy if your pictures present a compelling case. Of course, for $3500, they might not feel like its worth the effort. Hard to say with insurance companies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you make an insurance claim......they might go after the other guy if your pictures present a compelling case. Of course, for $3500, they might not feel like its worth the effort. Hard to say with insurance companies.
Well thank you for you and other listeners, I have file my insurance claim, next week inspector will come and look at my car and the other car, everything so far is smooth sail and I also obtain a Police Report to support my claim, and I save a lot of grand and already stated not my fault by my insurance which is a good news. Car rental will be offer and if they believe is the other driver fault, I may even save my deductible expenses too. Finally I feel a little easy.
Thank you for all of you. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I would contact my insurance agent, advise them of the situation, and get their input as to whether they would pursue the other individual. It likely would fall under your under-insured/non-insured comprehensive coverage so I don't think they would place you at fault. Since it was in your apartment building's garage, you may want to check with your renters insurance to see if it may fall under that instead of your auto insurance. Also, I don't buy your building manager's excuse, I'm pretty there's no expectation of privacy in a parking garage. Cars today have cameras all over them and will be recording driving in and out of there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would contact my insurance agent, advise them of the situation, and get their input as to whether they would pursue the other individual. It likely would fall under your under-insured/non-insured comprehensive coverage so I don't think they would place you at fault. Since it was in your apartment building's garage, you may want to check with your renters insurance to see if it may fall under that instead of your auto insurance. Also, I don't buy your building manager's excuse, I'm pretty there's no expectation of privacy in a parking garage. Cars today have cameras all over them and will be recording driving in and out of there.
Thank you for your concern, I live in 55+active adult community, this is not an apartment is condo and both my home insurance and auto fall in to same insurance company. However maybe I am a Asian and not Caucasian. Or they just not helpful. I still remember last time I report the incident to them, the manager pretty straight forward when the building get damage by the home owner, she yell at him. I don't want someone get yell at and if the management told me they don't interfere, I don't want to argue. However my auto insurance accepted the claim as no fault to me. Right now I install a dash cam in my car to prevent that happen again. Just FYI I ask Acura link to see did the cam in car can be traced but Acura link said the cam only work when my car is moving or is on. I just hope in the near future they can download soft ware to all Acura for security purposes for same situation happen to me to others.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thank you for your concern, I live in 55+active adult community, this is not an apartment is condo and both my home insurance and auto fall in to same insurance company. However maybe I am a Asian and not Caucasian. Or they just not helpful. I still remember last time I report the incident to them, the manager pretty straight forward when the building get damage by the home owner, she yell at him. I don't want someone get yell at and if the management told me they don't interfere, I don't want to argue. However my auto insurance accepted the claim as no fault to me. Right now I install a dash cam in my car to prevent that happen again. Just FYI I ask Acura link to see did the cam in car can be traced but Acura link said the cam only work when my car is moving or is on. I just hope in the near future they can download soft ware to all Acura for security purposes for same situation happen to me to others.
I'm unsure I follow the asian vs. caucasian comment, but in either case, it sounds like your on a good path w/ your auto insurance. No point in yelling at anyone as it won't improve the situation, just make it worse. I'm surprised your insurance didn't recommend reporting the hit-and-run to you local law enforcement, but in the current climate they're short staffed so who knows if they may even get to investigating it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm unsure I follow the asian vs. caucasian comment, but in either case, it sounds like your on a good path w/ your auto insurance. No point in yelling at anyone as it won't improve the situation, just make it worse. I'm surprised your insurance didn't recommend reporting the hit-and-run to you local law enforcement, but in the current climate they're short staffed so who knows if they may even get to investigating it.
Yes you are right my insurance company told me that at this moment due to short staffing, they are not coming to investigate what they need is compare my estimate with their own and photo from the body shop. Infact the suspect insurance also call me and asking questions, don't know what happen yet but I told them my car is come with collision avoiding system, if my car really hit something it will be more serious. I will keep you all posted.
Thank you for listening.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts