Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
315 Posts
What's the cost driver on the $3500?

My car got hit by a co-worker and the headlight lens was the big cost driver. The body shop did a great job of buffing the lens and saved my co-worker over $2k.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm having hard time seeing $3500 worth of damage there. Is the radar not functional? All I see is bumper paint damage.
That was my question too. I had my bumper removed and partially repainted, radar reset, and a black plastic insert replaced for about $1200. My co-worker who hit my car knew the owner of the body shop, so he got friend prices...but it wouldn't have been much more than $1,700 regardless. I had another quote from a regular body shop and it was around $3700, but over $2k of that price was for a replacement headlight assembly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Too bad we don't have camera inside the garage, the building manager said that due to privacy, if there is accident should treated it like street parking. I found the suspect vehicle but nothing I can do and management will not step in for this matter.
If the other car has damage, you should take some pictures of it and consider calling your insurance company.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I call police to identify to see the damage matching or not but the police is reluctant to do so, they came over and look but can't decide to say that car do it. I wrote a letter to the guy, he denied it. He said he hit the wall but there are damage under his bumper which match the damage of my car, doesn't matter unless the driver confess. Right now I am debating to call my insurance or not. I make the appointment with my body shop next week, so we will see. I will keep everyone posted.
If you make an insurance claim......they might go after the other guy if your pictures present a compelling case. Of course, for $3500, they might not feel like its worth the effort. Hard to say with insurance companies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts