Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read online and in another forum about car sunshades/sunscreens for the front car window and decided to buy one.

I have 15% tint on the back window, which I point toward the afternoon and evening sun while at work, but there is still plenty of morning and afternoon sun coming in the front window with no tint whatsoever. At least the sides have 35% tint. I do park under a tree to keep some heat off the roof and trunk.

With Summer getting warmer each day, I decided to use a sun shade. I haven't used one in years, but figured it would protect the car dash and steering wheel from excessive heat. Today it was 94°F and it will get hotter in the coming months.

Someone mentioned one from J.C Whitney and a few readers followed his lead and bought one. I am glad I did. It feels like it is made for the TLX. When you order a sunshade, the system asks about your car and model type. The shade fits nicely.

Here is the link in case you are interested... UVS100? Heat Shield by Covercraft - JCWhitney

Shipping was free and I don't make any commission on the sale of this product.

UVS100™ HEAT SHIELD BY COVERCRAFT

Let me know if you found something better. :)

Of course covered parking or a garage at work or being retired at home with a garage would be much better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
How does this compare to Acura sun shade? I am shopping for a sun shade for my TLX too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought a simple mylar/foam sunshade from the dollar store for.... yes, a dollar. It works well -- I don't bother attaching it to windshield; I just place it over the dashboard, which keeps the car reasonably cool for Boston summers and keeps the air ducts cool so when I turn on A/C, the car cools very quickly.

I think I might buy two more sunshades to place on the seats to keep those cool too.... at this price, I can afford the extravagances to cover front and rear seats too

·
Registered
255 Posts
When my daughter spent time at Edwards Air Force Base in the summer California desert (122°+), I bought a truck-sized sunshade for her RAV4. I had her place it on the OUTSIDE of the windshield and tucked the "ears" inside the A pillar to keep it in place. Worked GREAT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts