Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I never had leather seats before. I always thought I did with my previous TLXs but I guess I had leatherette. I was surprised.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good cleaner / conditioner to keep my leather supple and looking good in my new TLX? I have tinted windows, but I am sure the heat can add to the wear of leather seats.

Thanks for any guidance. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
if you are leasing i wouldnt worry too much about them especially with tint, lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
the leather will be okay during your lease

they will break down and have wrinkles over time but dont sweat too much about it unless you plan to get it dirty, or do some dirty things inside the car

does the manual mention anything about interior maintenance? if not, just use a warm wet soft cloth and wipe it clean every now and then

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
438 Posts
im reading the manual PDF off my phone so i cant copy and paste (good thing to have readily available in case you need to refer to it anytime)

but on page 471:

"vaccum dirt and dust from the leather frequently. pay close attention to the pleats and seams. clean the leather with a soft cloth dampened with 90% water and 10% neutral soap solution. then buff it with a clean dry cloth. remove any dust or dirt on leather surfaces immediately"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just a reminder for those not used to perforated leather seats. Be careful with leather cleaner. It gets into the holes pretty easily if you apply too much. You don't want to have to poke it all out with a toothpick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess I never had leather seats before. I always thought I did with my previous TLXs but I guess I had leatherette. I was surprised.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good cleaner / conditioner to keep my leather supple and looking good in my new TLX? I have tinted windows, but I am sure the heat can add to the wear of leather seats.

Thanks for any guidance. :)
http://www.leatherique.com

I used this stuff here.

Good for anything leather in house or vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to automotive leather seat manufacturers I've dealt with in a past life, mild soap and water is all that's needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.