Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking good all season tires for 18” rims
I live in NYC and daily drive my car wanting something like smooth and quiet ride plus looks good on the rims
Thanks 🙏

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
395 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking good all season tires for 18” rims
I live in NYC and daily drive my car wanting something like smooth and quiet ride plus looks good on the rims
Thanks 🙏
I recently bought General GMax AS-05's. I can't speak to their winter worthiness but, I like them on dry or wet roads and they aren't too noisy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Vredestein Quatrac Pros in 245/45-18.
https://www.vredestein.com/car-suv-van/tyre-finder/tyres/product/3/1656-quatrac-pro

Very quiet, great wet traction, very good dry traction, and three-peak snow rated.

View attachment 25334
I bought these tires too from Tirerack.com since it got good ratings. It’s been a month since they’ve been on and I find the side wall too soft so I lost some of my firmness on cornering And I hear a soft thumping rotation noise at low speed. I must say that they do handle good in the rain.

I got 58k on the original tires on my 2018. I do a lot of miles so I’ll have to wait another year and a half. My next tires will be Michelin’s.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
395 Posts
I have virtually no noise from mine (certainly no "thumping"). As for sidewall stiffness, I'd say they're on par with any other grand-touring tire.

EDIT: Holy moley! 58K miles on a 2018??? Please do pop back in here with a mileage update when these have worn out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am currently running a set of Continental Contiprocontact tires. I get to enjoy a 25% discount when I purchased it from 4wheelonline last year. I am so happy that I have replaced my Michelin Primacy with this tire since it provides a better grip on the wet road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have virtually no noise from mine (certainly no "thumping"). As for sidewall stiffness, I'd say they're on par with any other grand-touring tire.

EDIT: Holy moley! 58K miles on a 2018??? Please do pop back in here with a mileage update when these have worn out.
So, I’m at 84k now. Tires slip in the rain. I’ll probably go with the Michelin’s next year.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I appreciate you coming back to update.

85K in less than a year? What takes you down the road so much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts