Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with finding an answer to how to prevent the driver's seat from moving fully back every time I turn the engine off and open the door. I would like the seat to stay either in Driver 1 or Driver 2 position as my wife and (hers is D1 and mine D2) I have no problem exiting the car with the seat in preset settings. I am concerned that one day this mechanism may fail due to constant sliding and gliding. For example, if I do my weekly errands on a Saturday I may be in a few places within a short distance so there is no need for the seat to move all the time and it is also a bit annoying. Could not find anything in the manual about how to change that.

Glove box - how can I can lock it ? I didn't receive any keys. The manual says "use the built in key", not getting that detail .....:confused:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I guess you are new to the keyless entry system in cars?

every key fob has a mechanical key attached to it in case the fob runs out of battery and you can open the driver's door the old fashion way. use that to lock the glove box

i just tried, works. rotate clockwise 90 degrees to lock, counter clockwise 90 degrees to unlock

·
Registered
438 Posts
the salesperson or delivery dude didnt tell you the spare mechanical key when you pick up the TLX?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the salesperson or delivery dude didnt tell you the spare mechanical key when you pick up the TLX?
Nope. As a matter of fact, they didn't tell me about many other things related to the car, etc, but that's a different story.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can turn off the seat moving from the info scroll wheel on the steering wheel. Just scroll down to "vehicle settings" and you can find the setting in there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
looking forward to your dealer feedback then lol

as for the mechanical seats thing, i wouldnt worry about it unless you plan to keep it for more than 10 years

my dad had a 1989 mercedes back in the day and it had mechanical sliding seats. ya eventually they acted weird (i think it went too far back and got stuck and cannot go forward, thankfully it was the passenger seat that got stuck) and we had to fix it, but that was like after 20 yrs or ownership lol

my mom liked the sliding back seat when you exit, gives you more room to get in and out of the vehicle, and i guess that's why its designed like that. i heard the lexus ES has that too, along with power telecsopic wheel which the TLX doesnt have unfortunately

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hahaha, guess I am, thx !
Remember if you valet the car to take the physical key with you and just pass on the remote to the attendant.

That is, if you decide you want to lock your glove box and/or disable the outside lock for the trunk.

When my friend bought a Genesis, I asked him questions about the keyless system before I bought the TLX. This is my first keyless system as well since my 2011 TSX did not have it. I am enjoying not having to pull out the keys every time. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts