Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from 5,500 ft. We've only had our TLX V6 for almost 2 months and it is a keeper. Our 2004 TL 6 speed served us very well so we look forward to many fun years with this model. My wife loves sports sedans and I'm a coupe guy. If Acura ever puts out a TLX coupe with a manual trans, I'll be doomed. I'll have to buy one. I've seen rumors and conceptual views of a coupe. I hope Acura makes it happen.
This TLX is very solid and quiet on Denver's nastiest roads. The suspension is firm and not mushy and that's what I like. Road Trip!

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello from 5,500 ft. We've only had our TLX V6 for almost 2 months and it is a keeper. Our 2004 TL 6 speed served us very well so we look forward to many fun years with this model. My wife loves sports sedans and I'm a coupe guy. If Acura ever puts out a TLX coupe with a manual trans, I'll be doomed. I'll have to buy one. I've seen rumors and conceptual views of a coupe. I hope Acura makes it happen.
This TLX is very solid and quiet on Denver's nastiest roads. The suspension is firm and not mushy and that's what I like. Road Trip!
Welcome to the forum!

Where have you been for two months? Driving around in your TLX. :)

Did you go with the base, tech or advance?

I am sitting at 9.5 feet myself and the TLX runs great. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!

Where have you been for two months? Driving around in your TLX. :)

Did you go with the base, tech or advance?

I am sitting at 9.5 feet myself and the TLX runs great. :)
We got the tech package because of all the added safety and other cool features.
I remember sea level from living in Oregon and California. Just like having a supercharger down there compared to Denver.
Actually the TLX is my wife's daily driver to work. I'm the lot boy. Wash, wax, vacuum and fill the tank. I do get to drive it on weekends though. We get one free dealer oil change and after that I'm maintenance guy too. I can't wait to roll around underneath it and check everything out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the club. Is the performance of cars noticeably different at altitude?
Cars have about 15% less power. Fuel injected cars run leaner to compensate so MPG is about 10% better than sea level. Most hot rods here have superchargers or turbos. It's fun to go down low and have more HP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts