Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 years with my TLX I can say that I am happy I got the spare tire... would not have been able to fill it. Not sure what is stuck in the tire. I was able to drive home at least. I fear that they will not be able to patch it but I will have them look at it. The 2 things going for me are 1. I had the spare, 2, its in the middle of the tire.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
That's a good chunk of something in that tire!! We want a full analysis of the culprit!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
If you don't have a spare tire and it won't inflate with the slime, then you have to be towed.

I can't believe that to save a little money and weight that they thought that they would just stick it to the customer.

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
FAQ on the Tire Sealant and Inflator Kit
Part of the waranty:
Acura Total Luxury Care Roadside Assistance
Your Acura TLC Roadside Assistance representative is here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Under your 4-year/50,000-mile (80,000-km) warranty, the following benefits are available:
  • Towing services — full cost of towing to the closest Acura dealer
  • Roadside assistance — jump starting, fuel delivery, lockout, and flat tire
  • Trip planning — detailed trip routing, emergency services, and more
Call (800) 594-8500 (U.S.) or (800) 565-7587 (Canada)

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
It doesn’t look good but hopefully they can fix it. Did you have a lot of wear on that set of tires? Will you be able to replace just one, or will you need to do the whole set? Either way, the spare saved you some inconvenience for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
One of the first things I added to mine was the spare tire kit. I hope I never have to use it, but it's there at the ready if needed.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I had a flat a couple months ago. After waiting an hour to get it towed they said that they couldn't fix it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced tire under warranty... done. Although I asked to leave the item that punctured the tire they didn't but I think it was large lead weight from a truck tire or something. Tires are only about 1 year old with about 9K miles on them so tread wear difference is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts