Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I feel like a moron. Why, when I try to upload pictures, are they uploading upside down? On my computer, they are right side up. I feel like a blonde...

I have done this 3 times now, and they continue uploading upside down. Do I need to turn them upside down, and save them, then upload them?.. to get them to upload correctly?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go ahead and post it. We'll figure it out. I bet your TLX looks great (even upside down)!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update to Aero Kit

Here we go!.... I am so very happy with the results. I chose not to go with the rear deck lid spoiler until I saw what the Aero Kit looked like with out it. I am glad I did not go with it. :)

Wes

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Black is not the easiest color to see in pictures, but in person, this car is beautiful.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That car looks GREAT! Congratulations! Nice job!

Reactions: Wes Beard

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow, looks really great. I may inquire about it when I take mine in next. I bet the pictures don't do it justice! I've seen a few TLXs around here with the aero kit and that got me thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looks very sharp. Your right, even though looks good in pictures still doesn't do it justice.
I have seen a black in the flesh with the body kit and it looks amazing

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, I feel like a moron. Why, when I try to upload pictures, are they uploading upside down? On my computer, they are right side up. I feel like a blonde...

I have done this 3 times now, and they continue uploading upside down. Do I need to turn them upside down, and save them, then upload them?.. to get them to upload correctly?
HEY! Watch the blonde jokes. LOL!

And... it looks great.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I am going to give my TLX a complex...

Very happy with the way the kit looks on the car. The car already looked good.. kind of like when you put on that nice looking suit.

Now, I feel like he has put on a tux. Just a little flash; not too much. :nerd:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ok...I am officially envious...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Another member asked earlier about the cost associated with the installation. I was curious if you'd be willing to let us know that cost. I am planning on ordering the body kit, I just wanted to know if I should prepare to install it myself or just save up to get it installed professionally. I think it looks great without the spoiler, I think I'm going without the spoiler as well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another member asked earlier about the cost associated with the installation. I was curious if you'd be willing to let us know that cost. I am planning on ordering the body kit, I just wanted to know if I should prepare to install it myself or just save up to get it installed professionally. I think it looks great without the spoiler, I think I'm going without the spoiler as well.
It was going to be about $2000 after taxes and installation, but the service department gave me 20% off of the parts (because I told him I found them on eBay, and was going to buy them there.) He wanted me to buy the parts from him, so they apparently have wiggle room.

All in all, it was $1677 total. Just about the same had I purchased with the vehicle new.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's about what I paid when I had it added to my car (at time of purchase, dealer installed) in gray. I also added the 19" Acura rim/tire package. I was debating between black and gray and figured the curves and shadows might be more visible in gray. Seeing your pics, I think it looks great in both colors.

Are those 18" rims?

Enjoy.... it'll definitely turn some heads

·
Registered
979 Posts
love the oem kit, even tho it cost me $3000(cdn) when i bought the car.

a friend of mine is the parts manager at a honda and he could get it for me after for $2300. i figured i'd just rather have it on my payment and not have to deal with getting it installed etc.

up to this day i'm still on the fence about the rear spoiler, so i looked into it, and it's only held on by 1 bolt and then double sided tape all over. i'm thinking about getting it and just using the tape to hold it on, that way if i don't like it i can take it off.

i'm jelly of your fog lights lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
Would you ever consider waiting it out to see what aftermarket options become available?

I know there are some aftermarket brands that take on a clean look that greatly complement OEM design.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts