Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the instructions, it seems you have the option to receive text messages or email messages but not both on the ELS system.

When I go into settings I only see Text Messages. Maybe this is a work in progress as with the iOS stuff?

I believe if I have to choose, I would stay with receiving text messages.

I really don't need the system to read out my email, but having it read a text alert may be helpful at times.

Are there any Android users in this forum? :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Best of Luck! Monday is so close.
Well, a nice suprise ! My car will be ready for pickup tomorrow, end of day ! Got an email yesterday but called them in the morning to confirm anyway, just to be sure. Don't know how and what changed/happened between Saturday and yesterday evening but the bottom line is that I will be veeeeery busy this weekend !!:) :)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, a nice suprise ! My car will be ready for pickup tomorrow, end of day ! Got an email yesterday but called them in the morning to confirm anyway, just to be sure. Don't know how and what changed/happened between Saturday and yesterday evening but the bottom line is that I will be veeeeery busy this weekend !!:) :)
Fantastic!

Please post some pics.

That is great news!

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading the instructions, it seems you have the option to receive text messages or email messages but not both on the ELS system.

When I go into settings I only see Text Messages. Maybe this is a work in progress as with the iOS stuff?

I believe if I have to choose, I would stay with receiving text messages.

I really don't need the system to read out my email, but having it read a text alert may be helpful at times.

Are there any Android users in this forum? :)
My wife and I took the plunge last night and purchased two Acuras. She got IXL and I got the TXL. I am wondering if you were able to get your vehicle to read your text messages. My console lets me know when I have a message then gives me an option to read it, but it doesn't read (appears to get stuck).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.:)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the Forum!

My wife and I took the plunge last night and purchased two Acuras. She got IXL and I got the TXL. I am wondering if you were able to get your vehicle to read your text messages. My console lets me know when I have a message then gives me an option to read it, but it doesn't read (appears to get stuck).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.:)
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Congrats on your purchases. I think you got the ILX and TLX, both. Wow.

For me, when I paired the phone it automatically was able to read text messages. I haven't figured out how to receive email.

Look around in this thread or elsewhere and you might find other people with your same issue.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i think it varies with the phone model. because if you go to handsfreelink website and check on phone models, many do not support email over bluetooth

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has anyone gotten email to work?

I don't even see it as an option in my TLX.

Text Messages work fine and that's all I really need to interrupt my pleasant drive. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's funny, I have two phones - my personal phone is a Galaxy 5 and my work phone is an HTC One. The Galaxy does not get email or texts, and the One only gets emails.

I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is. I think both are on the most recent version of Android. I do like seeing when I get a new email during the work week when I'm driving between meetings, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me, so I haven't played around with it much to figure out if I can get more functionality than that.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's funny, I have two phones - my personal phone is a Galaxy 5 and my work phone is an HTC One. The Galaxy does not get email or texts, and the One only gets emails.

I'm not sure what the rhyme or reason is. I think both are on the most recent version of Android. I do like seeing when I get a new email during the work week when I'm driving between meetings, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me, so I haven't played around with it much to figure out if I can get more functionality than that.
Good to know it works for some. Text is more than I need. I have a Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2. Maybe I should try my work BlackBerry.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts