Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, prospective TLX buyer here.

wanted to add some OEM accessories to my purchase, namely the trunk spoiler and maybe the led fog lights, but i find acura's pricing to be quite steep and labor might be extra which will drive up the price even more

then i noticed this website:
Deck Lid Spoiler 2015 Acura TLX, Acura Parts Super Store- Acura Accessories and Parts for sale online for a discount.

not sure how legit it is, but i was wondering if it's a viable way to order the parts from these guys and take it to some autobody shop and have them install the parts for you? will it void the car's warranty if i do so?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't think it would void the warranty. The parts are OEM anyway, so as long as its installed properly you should be fine.

·
Registered
430 Posts
nah won't have a thing to do with warranty don't worry. You can try and negotiate on the OEM accessories, they make a TON of cake tacking on extras like that. Otherwise go aftermakret, you've got nothing to lose :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've installed all of my own accessories on my TSX. I did the fog lights, the full skirt package, and probably some other stuff I don't remember. Not only do you save money, it's fun to work on your own car. Acura provides detailed installation instructions for all of their accessories here.

Acura online store : 2015 TLX Accessory installation (DIY) instructions

Any confident DIYer should be able to handle these.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the thing is that i am not a DIY-er in terms of cars. i will probably take it to some autobody shop and have them do it for me professionally

spoiler maybe i can do it (though i do get scared with drilling holes right into the trunk), but i dont even know how to reach into the fog lights area from underneath

·
Registered
130 Posts
the thing is that i am not a DIY-er in terms of cars. i will probably take it to some autobody shop and have them do it for me professionally

spoiler maybe i can do it (though i do get scared with drilling holes right into the trunk), but i dont even know how to reach into the fog lights area from underneath
If you do take it to a shop, maybe you should print out the instructions from Acura from the link I posted above so they don't mess it up.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i will for sure provide the instructions too

how much will you expect the labor cost to be, to install the spoiler and LED fog lights?

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good link. Thanks!

Couldn't find how they install the spare tire kit... :)
here ya go:

- open trunk
- procrastinate
- toss spare tire in
- procrastinate
- close trunk
- procrastinate
- get coffee and watch youtube or facebook
- procrastinate
- bill 1+ hour of labor, the longer the better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status