Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Why do you think it only kills the traction control?

VSA helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering, if the vehicle turns more or less than what was intended. It assists in maintaining traction on slippery surfaces by regulating engine output and selectively applying the brakes.

If you turn off your VSA, your vehicle will have normal braking and cornering ability.

The above was taken from the TLX owners manual.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stability control remains on. I have the awd tlx. If I turn off traction and start playing with the car in snow the brakes kick in as the car slides around totally ruining the fun. Even in sport+ mode. There is a stability light next to the traction light that will flicker indicating stability control kicking in.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
I know it is basic, but I have to ask. Are you sure you are holding in the VSA button until you hear a beep. I've seen others just push this button quickly, which will not turn off the VSA. Again, not trying to insult you, but I need to ask.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
This isn't new for Honda. I seem to remember a similar discussion on the Civic forms when I had my Si. It seems the button only disables traction control but it still maintains the VSA to some extent. I don't believe anyone found a way to disable it completely.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
In my research, I also noticed that if your TPMS light is on, you can't disable VSA.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
In my research, I also noticed that if your TPMS light is on, you can't disable VSA.

In previous Hondas that was the case where if there was a tpms error, traction control couldn't be disabled. I referred to it in another post. Having said that, It seems that in the TLX, the members who are running without tpms are still able to disable traction control. Perhaps something has changed in newer models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
In checking with some other Honda boards, here is what they list as a method to fully disable VSA. Perhaps someone could test this to see if this works for our TLX's.

Fully disable
-------------------
1. Turn car on
2. Parking brake off
3. Press and hold brake pedal
4. Turn traction control on and off
5. Release brake pedal
6. Parking brake on
7. Turn traction control on and off
8. Press and hold brake pedal
9. Turn traction control on and off
10. Traction control light should be solid and another light blinking

Or, worded another way:

1. Turn traction control on/off with brake pedal on
2. Turn traction control on/off with parking brake on
3. Turn traction control on/off with brake pedal and parking brake on
4. Traction control light should be solid and another light blinking

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In checking with some other Honda boards, here is what they list as a method to fully disable VSA. Perhaps someone could test this to see if this works for our TLX's.

Fully disable
-------------------
1. Turn car on
2. Parking brake off
3. Press and hold brake pedal
4. Turn traction control on and off
5. Release brake pedal
6. Parking brake on
7. Turn traction control on and off
8. Press and hold brake pedal
9. Turn traction control on and off
10. Traction control light should be solid and another light blinking

Or, worded another way:

1. Turn traction control on/off with brake pedal on
2. Turn traction control on/off with parking brake on
3. Turn traction control on/off with brake pedal and parking brake on
4. Traction control light should be solid and another light blinking
This works like a charm. Both lights come on the traction one blinks. Stability control goes off and my winter driving just got more fun. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not totally exact. When you read "Turn traction control on and off", it really means turn the traction control light in the dash on and off. Actually this correspond to turn the traction control off (light on) and on (light off).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts