Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 v6 TLX new tires frt 2 wore off to the cords at 25k. Had car checked Acura dealer said frt was in spec's.
Checked with bubble gauage both wheels checked neg camber, one at 1 degree the other about 3/4 degree. These struts can't be set caster/camber only toe settings, are there problems? Noticed aftermarket has produced parts to change the settings but not anything offered by Honda. That seems to indicate problems...this car shows no signs of damage. Anyone been down this road?? Put 4 new Michelins don't want to butn these up!

·
Super Moderator
774 Posts
Did you take pictures of the old tire tread? I would like to see pictures of all four old tires. I would suggest that monitor the tires closely and keep receipts for rotate and balance and if there is any problem, take the vehicle in. Whenever you have a tire problem, always best to snap a few pictures of the old tires so that you have a history to show the service department or tire store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you take pictures of the old tire tread? I would like to see pictures of all four old tires. I would suggest that monitor the tires closely and keep receipts for rotate and balance and if there is any problem, take the vehicle in. Whenever you have a tire problem, always best to snap a few pictures of the old tires so that you have a history to show the service department or tire store.
Didnt take pics...both rear tires had worn pretty even. Frts were the only obvious problem. Still think it's off on camber...drives ok doesn't pull or anything but didn't pull with the worn out tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking into buying a 2017 IS300 AWD before I bought my Acura. I decided not to buy the IS because I read that most people were replacing all 4 tires at 15-20k because of inner tire wear. The problem with the IS seemed to be with the control arm bushings being too soft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking into buying a 2017 IS300 AWD before I bought my Acura. I decided not to buy the IS because I read that most people were replacing all 4 tires at 15-20k because of inner tire wear. The problem with the IS seemed to be with the control arm bushings being too soft.
Wish I had some good on target info about this tire wear issue. I had one other man who said he had one and it did that so he traded it and would not buy another one because of it. Seems if there is a problem there would be people to say something about it.??? Like the car but not interested in 15-20k and new tires!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts