Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this issue after lowering their car?
I believe it's my axel but not sure if it's a major or minor issue. Went to go do an alignment and the guy showed pointed this out to me

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
What a mystery!! Did they tell you what the green fluid is? Is it visible on any other axel (Rear passenger side)?
It looks like paint!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum.
What a mystery!! Did they tell you what the green fluid is? Is it visible on any other axel (Rear passenger side)?
It looks like paint!
So it's only only coming from my front passenger side. I touched it with my fingers and it was axel grease. Nothing looked damaged at all.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
66 Posts
Check the part of the boot covering the CV joint that is not visible in the image. They're usually packed with grease...I can't imagine any other place up there from where it might have come.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Either the band clamp broke off or the rubber boot is torn on CV joint, the band can be easily replaced

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think I see the band clamp in that picture, but it's hard to say for sure b/c of all of the axle grease. As others have suggested, make sure the boot isn't damaged, the boot is seated correctly and that the band clamp is on there, seated correctly and tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts