Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I finally got around to contacting Acura Canada customer service. I explained I thought it was 'unfair' that USA owners could get free hard copies of the manuals, while Canadians had to purchase them - according to my dealer when I bought the car.

Acura informed me that copies are available for free, and my dealer was incorrect. She contacted the dealer while I waited to ensure they knew about this offer. Shortly thereafter, my dealer contacted me as well, saying they were going to send me a set.

So I was looking for an argument, and Acura customer service instantly made it impossible!:) A very positive experience.
And now the glove box will have hard copies - no need for PDF on my cell or my wife's phone either.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I'm glad they looked after you. I'll need to do this as well. Too bad they don't tell you that right when you take delivery though. I'm guessing everyone would take one and it would defeat the purpose of trying to do away with them.

·
682 Posts
Congrats on getting your hard copy. Enjoy the reading!
I will be ordering my set soon enough.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok picked them up today. Highly recommend it for those that o e them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fineprint

Free manuals from the dealer are stipulated in the fine print of one of the brochures I got when I purchased the car. The dealership was not aware of it but complied. The owner's manual and the navigation manual are separate. They came one at a time and it took a while but the dealership complied without complaint. I suspect, however, that "Acura Central" charges the dealerships for these manuals.

Although I find it easy to use the "find" option in Adobe to search the PDF manuals, having the hard copies is extremely handy when a computer is not easy to use e.g. while sitting in your car trying to actually do what the manuals tell you to do!

·
Registered
666 Posts
^^I have both manuals on my smartphone and the PDF is searchable. Have not yet had the need to use it, but it is available.

No hardcopy manuals, no spare tire, no TSB's (in Canada).

·
Registered
144 Posts
You'd think that they would just put them in the dash storage or somewhere in the car for everyone. You're already paying for the car, whats a few dollars in printing a paper booklet for you?

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
You'd think that they would just put them in the dash storage or somewhere in the car for everyone. You're already paying for the car, whats a few dollars in printing a paper booklet for you?

I'm not saying I agree with the policy but saving a few $'s here and there probably adds up over time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
A survey of the number of people who actually use the manuals would likely show it as less than 20%.The manuals are available for order for those who really want it. There is saving for Acura in production costs, and weight savings for those who go without it (very small reduction in gas usage over the year). Same situation also applies to the spare tire and jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts