1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not sure if our USA folks know this, but you can get free hard copy of the manual in the first 6 months of ownership:

Owner's Manuals | 2015 Acura TLX | Acura Owners Site

Acura Vehicle Information | Select Your Model | Acura Owners Site

For us Canadians it's not so obvious, but I will contact Acura Canada and raise a fuss...
>:D
I did this shortly after getting the keys to my TLX and the manuals arrived in about a month, a little quicker than the "up to 6 weeks" they indicated.

And yes, they went right into the glove box since they do not require any batteries or network access to read when caught with an issue you need answered asap

·
Registered
438 Posts
for me i store the manual PDFs on my phone and my tablet so i can dig it up if i need to

but having a hard copy is always nice

Reactions: TeeElX

·
Registered
222 Posts
for me i store the manual PDFs on my phone and my tablet so i can dig it up if i need to

That's what i do as well, it's the most efficient way to use them, even more useful when using the search feature it has

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

had dealer order hard copy of manual at time of delivery. no owners manual and only a single disc cd player. cost savings gone amuck
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see your first post although you don't sound happy about your TLX purchase. :)

Anything you like about your TLX? What did you get? The I4 or V6? Color Combo? Tell us more. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I do have to say though, it's nice having the physical version just for the sake of having it sort of like what I do with books and eBooks. While I do buy eBooks for things physical books can't do... I MUST have the physical version if it's something I love.

Plus i'm that type of guy that keeps all his vehicles documents and booklets all together as one package :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see your first post although you don't sound happy about your TLX purchase. :)

Anything you like about your TLX? What did you get? The I4 or V6? Color Combo? Tell us more. :D
wife's car, and she loves it. V-6, white, base unit. delivered in September. great performance and very quiet.
My dd is a 2012 mdx base and I think I can use all the instrument panel controls without the manual. not so in wife tlx, I guess I'm just old fashion in that I think radio and heater controls should be easy to use while driving. I suppose if I drove it daily I would know the controls better. Hopefully during the recall for the park situation, they will be able to lessen the hard shifts with the transmission.
We have owned Acura's for years, bought one of the first Legends in town. good service and a very good dealer. I'm sure this one will work out fine.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
wife's car, and she loves it. V-6, white, base unit. delivered in September. great performance and very quiet.
My dd is a 2012 mdx base and I think I can use all the instrument panel controls without the manual. not so in wife tlx, I guess I'm just old fashion in that I think radio and heater controls should be easy to use while driving. I suppose if I drove it daily I would know the controls better. Hopefully during the recall for the park situation, they will be able to lessen the hard shifts with the transmission.
We have owned Acura's for years, bought one of the first Legends in town. good service and a very good dealer. I'm sure this one will work out fine.
Good news and thanks for the reply.

They sure are making cars more complicated with all of the tech. I enjoy the tech now. I just hope I have the patience in my golden years.

With the weather controls I leave them set for 73 year round. >:D
Although I imagine a lot of the members in snowy regions will agree with you. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
One of the concerns I had when I got my TLX was the fact that a lot of car reviewers complained about the touch screen not being intuitive. While I still have much to learn about my TLX I have found a rather simple way to simplify the controls. When I have a little time with the car sitting in the driveway I preset audio, climate, phone book, and other controls and enter what I think I will need into shortcuts. Then, if I need to change something on the move just touch the shortcut box in the upper right hand corner of the touch screen and make my choice. Awhile back I read a post about the inability to mix different modes of audio into presets. In the shortcut menu you can only enter six items but you can mix. I have two XM stations and 1 FM station in my shortcuts. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts

I do both -- I have it on my phone and laptop, but after my dashboard lit up like a christmas tree as wet, slushy/crusty snow stuck to the car, I learned the advantage of having a physical manual so I could continue driving while my passenger let me know to ignore the BRAKE warning (collision mitigation can't function, nothing wrong with brakes).

Also, if you ever have a car issue and get stuck, you might want to maintain that phone charge for other things like calling for help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts