Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife encountered a 12 point Buck while traveling to pick me up at the airport and totaled our 2006 Civic. Great car with no issues after 145K. Insurance settlement was 50% of what we paid for the Civic new, which is one of the reasons for staying with Honda/Acura. I test drove the TLX V6 and the I4 and chose the I4 with a little encouragement from a redline test review on youtube. We only have 600 miles on our car and have experienced a few items that other owners are experiencing with their 8 speed transmissions.Although it is not as noticeable as others. I have found that it is barely noticeable when left in sport mode and driven using the paddle shift on the steering wheel. Auto windshield wipers go crazy at times when raining, but i can deal with using the manual option. This morning went to start the car for the wife and let it warm up for her and the car would not recognize my key and engaged the engine immobilizer and would not allow the car to start. Could not get anything to power down the car. Had to open the hood and disconnect the battery and reboot the system. Once that was done the car started right up. Going onto the dealer to get some of these items resolved. So far we love the car. Its quiet , looks good, love the headlights at night driving, and love the overall feel and fit and finish. With all of the technology in this car it will take a bit to get some of the wrinkles ironed out. Still loving it at this point but am concerned about issues down the road sense we like to drive our vehicles for a average of 6 to 8 years!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

So far we love the car. Its quiet , looks good, love the headlights at night driving, and love the overall feel and fit and finish. With all of the technology in this car it will take a bit to get some of the wrinkles ironed out. Still loving it at this point but am concerned about issues down the road sense we like to drive our vehicles for a average of 6 to 8 years!!
Welcome to the forum! Sorry I missed your first post.

Sorry to hear of your issues with your new TLX.

Definitely take your car into the dealer. I don't believe we have any shortcuts that can solve your main issues. Some members, as you will read, have seen tranny issues, but the power issue sounds unique at this point.

Maybe someone can chime in if they experienced an issue like yours.

I only had one issue and since then I have been running fine <knock on wood>. :)

I currently have 3,800+ miles and no issues. The TLX is a fun car to drive and there is a lot of tech in the car. It might take you a couple of weeks or more to figure out how everything works, unless you studied our forum for the last couple of months. :laugh:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wife encountered a 12 point Buck while traveling to pick me up at the airport and totaled our 2006 Civic. Great car with no issues after 145K. Insurance settlement was 50% of what we paid for the Civic new, which is one of the reasons for staying with Honda/Acura.
Welcome and congrats ! This was also my path (2004 Honda Civic) and we ended up with the 4 cyl Tech model and we have also been experiencing DC tranny issues and still love the car :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts