Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't freaking believe it...haven't even had the car for a week and 200 miles. Just noticed a tiny rock chip in the paint on the hood. Ugh. I hate I-95. That is all...:mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
No longer a virgin!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can't freaking believe it...haven't even had the car for a week and 200 miles. Just noticed a tiny rock chip in the paint on the hood. Ugh. I hate I-95. That is all...:mad:
I live in the Boston area where the road conditions fluctuate somewhere between Armageddon and Mad Max Fury Road. The road crews are paid commission on how many paint jobs they can destroy during their sorry excuse for road repair. Do I sound just a tad bitter? Earlier this year I was on a two week National Park road trip where I put over 2,300 miles on a rental car going through Nevada, Utah, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. The roads were like heaven compared to what I am used to. It would make me laugh when I would pass a warning sign saying "Road Damage Ahead" and suddenly you would come upon a slight ripple in the road that was in better shape than 90% of the roads near home. Anyway, if you are insane like I am trying to keep your car as perfect as humanly possible, I have two pieces of advice - Dr Colorchip followed by X-Pel ultimate clear bra.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll have to look into it. I think I've heard of it before.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea, you could consider one of a number of different products that should protect the paint better. Is this chip able to be fixed with some buffing, or a touchup?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, you could consider one of a number of different products that should protect the paint better. Is this chip able to be fixed with some buffing, or a touchup?
Yes should be able to, it's extremely minor, but now that I know it's there it will irritate me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts