Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Most of the reviews have looked very good. Looks like everyone is very impressed by the performance and value of the i4 Tech version, but good things to say about most all aspects of all versions. Looks like Acura has delivered a worthy sedan. Now they can begin working on the 340hp S version manual with exposed tailpipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good to me, especially the 4 cylinder tech package. Need to take many journalistic reports with a grain of salt. Looking forward to driving it.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why do they say the 4 cylinder is funner to drive?

Having 90hp more and a quicker launch, I would beg to differ. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Disappointed to read that Acura is fitting LS2s as standard - they really do suck. Wimpy brakes are another major faux pas in my book. Fortunately, you can upgrade pads, brake fluid and tires relatively easily. :D
What are you talking about? Wimpy brakes? R&T says "its brakes will be smoking after a single stop from 100 mph". How often, if ever, do you brake to a full stop from 100mph? R&T was just saying it's not a track car (well, of course) and went on to say why with a side-comment on the brakes. That doesn't mean the brakes are mediocre or inadequate for sporty road driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Road and Track review disturbs me the most, and I'm not referring to the tires. The cramped seating in the rear and the glitches in the safety features (false alarms in the cross traffic warning system in the rear, application of brakes when there was no need) are cause for alarm. I've also read comments in several reviews, Edmund's among them, about cheap materials being used on the interior. If I pay this much for a car I don't want anything about it to look cheap and I definitely don't want much publicized technology to have major glitches.

There was also a pretty scathing individual review done by someone from the Honda forum who actually test drove one.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3088097&postcount=215[/

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Reviewer sold on Accord over Acura

<Edited for clarity>

There was also a pretty scathing individual review done by someone from the Honda forum who actually test drove one.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3088097&postcount=215[/[/QUOTE] Guess I better check out the [B]Accord Sport[/B]? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to my dealer the TLXs will arrive in Phoenix on Sat. They are GPS tracking the truck. Then I can do my own roadtest.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got an email from the dealer yesterday that it finally made it and I should schedule an appointment ASAP. Not sure I believe them though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.