Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2020 TLX V6 Advance AWD a few months ago and I thought that I would give my impressions. First a bit of background. My previous cars have been a 95 GT Mustang in the early 20's and then for the last 16 years a 2002 Dodge Dakota V8 Quad Cab. So yes horsepower was a requirement in my new car. I test drove a V6 Kia Stinger around a few streets, but thoroughly enjoyed test driving a Genesis G70 V6 on a few freeways. The Genesis with 365 HP was a lot of fun but way too much unusable power for the streets. A lot of fun getting onto the on ramp and just giving it everything. It squats down, hooks a little right, then off it goes. Total fun but you can't drive like that everyday. So I bought the Acura for several reasons. Firstly is Honda's reliability, quality, and excellent value. I decided on the V6 as I don't believe that the turbo motors will be as reliable as the V6. And less power. I saw a Audi 2018 S4 a few months ago and every time they accelerated a puff of smoke out of the tail pipes. Probably the seals on the turbo. I believe that the V6 will last for several thousand miles with excellent care. As I ride a motorcycle to work, the car will see only about 7K a year. So I will be changing the oil every six months or 5K miles whichever comes first. Don't start about unnecessary oil changes. I don't care. Fresh oil is good oil. And I can afford it. So first, I like the engine in the car. Plenty of power. Revs out well. Second, the transmission. My 95 GT Mustang had a signal that on the first to second gear change, it would retard the timing to cut the torque going through the change. Second to third to forth all full power. Maybe Honda does that. First to second to third is certainly not as quick as all the others after those. Its almost like you need to wait till third gear and then you can do high rev gear changes. Gear boxes do not like soft throttle or trailing throttle changes. They change best with power going through the gearbox. I am still getting used to all the bells and whistles in the car. But I am thoroughly enjoying the car. I am very happy with the car and I am glad that I bought an Acura. Enjoying the site and I am looking forward to doing some mods in the years to come. Would love to replace the mufflers with some Magnaflows or such.

·
Super Moderator
758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Your decision to get the Acura is very similar to mine: reliabilty and available power. I do wish I would have gotten the SH-AWD as it would be fun here in the snow.
Thanks for sharing all your vehicles and those that you did not own.
Lot's to see and read here on the forum. Certainly share your TLX stories and a few pictures when you have the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a great thing!I have never heard about it and I wish I were there to see it in a real life to know everything about it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts