Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went to a dealership to see a TLX in person over the weekend and I'm officially in love. Here's one they had in the showroom with the Launch Kit.

I'm definitely going with black when I get one, although I haven't seen the blue one in person yet. I think the grille looks a lot better wrapped but I would personally get it painted black instead. I'm not a fan of fake carbon fiber. Also, the lip kit looks a lot better on black. You don't notice the grey molding strips as much and it looks smoother.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a black TSX and it does show dirt more than lighter colours but I was it regularly so it's not bad.

Regarding the heat, as long as you get your windows tinted, it's not bad at all. I used to think that tint would attract more heat because it's dark but it actually reflects it. It was a night and day difference after I got my tint.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good to see they had one of the best colors of the TLX at that dealer.
As bad as black is to maintain, it's IMO worth the trouble

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Good to see they had one of the best colors of the TLX at that dealer.
As bad as black is to maintain, it's IMO worth the trouble
It's amazing to me, but Black and White are the favorite colors.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think the grille looks great in black like the picture you put up here first. I still think that the red on the prototype is the color that I would like, but they aren't offering that color, which is so annoying.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
I think the grille looks great in black like the picture you put up here first. I still think that the red on the prototype is the color that I would like, but they aren't offering that color, which is so annoying.
I agree. I was looking forward to getting the prototype red. :(

·
Registered
423 Posts
The red paint was hand painted on the prototype which means 'apparently' very costly to get that finish on a production car :( hence why we didn't see it go to production

·
Registered
134 Posts
I picked up my TLX SH-AWD blk/blk with Launch Package today!

Will post picks although the ones shown in this thread are basically like my car except the window tint. First day of driving coming from a 2010 TL 6MT it took a little getting used to the gearing down for stops but I think I have it figured out. Very different from just popping it out of gear and braking but that's just MT/AT for you.

Had a blast driving it around and the handling is better than expected, very sporty. The tech is actually very intuitive and practical in the two screen set. I didn't think it would be but reality vs speculation says it is and I think if more reviewers actually set the systems up properly they would enjoy the set up (granted they didn't have the time for it).

Overall very happy with it but need to play hard with it once it gets broken in, maybe next week.

Reactions: miller

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
I picked up my TLX SH-AWD blk/blk with Launch Package today!

Will post picks although the ones shown in this thread are basically like my car except the window tint. First day of driving coming from a 2010 TL 6MT it took a little getting used to the gearing down for stops but I think I have it figured out. Very different from just popping it out of gear and braking but that's just MT/AT for you.

Had a blast driving it around and the handling is better than expected, very sporty. The tech is actually very intuitive and practical in the two screen set. I didn't think it would be but reality vs speculation says it is and I think if more reviewers actually set the systems up properly they would enjoy the set up (granted they didn't have the time for it).

Overall very happy with it but need to play hard with it once it gets broken in, maybe next week.
Congratulations! I know you are happy. Enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Summest, its been tough reading about folks enjoying their TLX's and wanting to contribute but having nothing to add without the vehicle to check posted scenarios with. Thank you for your posts as I can now physically review everything from the ANC issue to the wallpaper. It was very useful and reduces the amount of time other owners have to go through to fully understand their cars, good job!

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Enjoy your new TLX. I enjoy mine everyday. I know you will too.

Thanks Summest, its been tough reading about folks enjoying their TLX's and wanting to contribute but having nothing to add without the vehicle to check posted scenarios with. Thank you for your posts as I can now physically review everything from the ANC issue to the wallpaper. It was very useful and reduces the amount of time other owners have to go through to fully understand their cars, good job!
@ugpo, Thanks for the kind words.

Now that you are in the driver's seat, I am sure to value your input as well. Let us know your thoughts and experiences with you new TLX. I know you're happy and we are all happy for you and with you.

I will be looking for the pics, but first have a fun drive. Remember to try out the auto-steering LKAS once you settle in.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Saw my first TLX out in the wild 2 days ago actually. Have seen them and spent some time with them at the showroom, but this was the first time I saw one trundling along with the other metal. It stands out but not in that HEY, HEY I'M OVER HERE kind of way. Understated in black this one was... looked premium as well..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts