Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it finally happened! I received my new TLX. What joy and what relief. Maybe I will sleep better tonight.

Here are some exterior shots...

Some interior shots to come next. Ah the joy of a new car. :D

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I knew there would be a thread up sometime soon with pictures! Congrats man!! Looks nice and clean. What a relief it must be!

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Finally!! Great pictures.

Congratulations. I expect you'll be busy driving it this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew there would be a thread up sometime soon with pictures! Congrats man!! Looks nice and clean. What a relief it must be!
Thanks Man! It sure is a relief. Tomorrow I will probably just sit in the car and figure out the electronics. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally!! Great pictures.

Congratulations. I expect you'll be busy driving it this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks. I may spend a lot of time sitting in the car and learning about the electronics. The salesman and I set up AcuraLink at the dealer. I need to learn what I can do with that. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I'm more of black or White car person but that red is definitely growing on me. It adds character and brings out the design language more than the blk
i ordered. Haven't heard a lot of people in favour of the Blue yet but its early.

I did see a metalic blue plasti-dip over on Acurazine, but it looked just weird to me. Diff'rent strokes i guess...

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today was a good day. I got to drive my TLX to work on the Turnpike at high speeds. I drove in to work on Normal Mode. I drove home on Sport. Wow! Sport does have a good kick to it. I though Normal was fine, but Sport really brought the car to fuller life. Might have to leave it in Sport mode, unless I become stuck in stop-and-go traffic, then it's Econo.

I finally sat in the back seat of the car. There is plenty of room back there for guests.

Today I had to leave the car outside of the garage while I was at work. Twice I visited the car to cool it down a bit. The heat off of the pavement was 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Well it is Summer.

I also accidentally figured out how to use Pandora. Very cool.

I wonder what I will learn about tomorrow? :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agree, I too love to read about the real driving experience as I am still agonizing over the I4 vs. V6 choice.

Speaking of Sport vs. Normal driving mode....probably too early to tell, but did you notice any material difference in your gas mileage while in Sport mode ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
i remeber some reveiwer saying how the 4cylinder felt really good and that he didn't see a need to go for the 6. 4 might be even more of something to consider.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agree, I too love to read about the real driving experience as I am still agonizing over the I4 vs. V6 choice.

Speaking of Sport vs. Normal driving mode....probably too early to tell, but did you notice any material difference in your gas mileage while in Sport mode ?
I got 31.8 MPG into work today with some of that was city driving so that would not be a valid report. I would imagine you would lose some MPG, but the thrill is more there in Sport mode.:)

p.s. And I did drive faster for some reason.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i remeber some reveiwer saying how the 4cylinder felt really good and that he didn't see a need to go for the 6. 4 might be even more of something to consider.
Many of the reviews I read said that the I4 was more fun to ride due to the lighter weight. The nose weight on the V6 was higher. But who knows until you ride both.

Another person said the I4 has plenty enough power. I must agree at this point.

Normal mode is more luxurious of a drive, while Sport mode accelerates faster and seems more responsive.

The big draw with the V6 is the SH-AWD, which the I4 does not offer.

I live in sunny South Florida and don't drive in the sand so I really don't need the AWD, unless someone convinces me otherwise. I could see it being useful in a Canadian winter.

I am more concerned with Window Tinting. :laugh:

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spare Tire Kit and Window Tinting

My Acura salesman called today to see if I still liked my TLX and to tell me that my spare tire kit that I ordered came in. We scheduled a time to install the spare tire kit and for the in-house window tint guy to tint my car windows.

The heat down here in South Florida is brutal. The AC works great in my new TLX, but the tint will help the AC work not so hard and reduce the glare. It will also help to keep the interior looking newer longer.

I am really enjoying my ride into work. I hope you guys get your TLX soon. I know the wait can be painful, but I know you will enjoy the end results.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup, painful wait for this one. I have never gone through this before so sincerely hope it meets expectations.

AWD vs FWD, in my experience is from a 08 Accord 6MT to the 2010 TL 6MT, and I quickly found the sure-footed AWD to be much more confident in hard cornering. That said I wasn't able to put the TLX I4 through a full work out but in my inability to detect the PAWS, maybe that's the beauty of the system that you can't detect it. It certainly was tossible in lanes and does feel lighter.

Forgive me as I babble on, unlike you I don't have a new car to go on about.......yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts