Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bro can you let me know how to get in contact with him or just give me the part number
Parts you need (he sent me the list):
-Surround, Front Grille
P.N. = 75105-TZ3-A01
-Base, Grille
P.N. = 75111-TZ3-A01
-Seal, Front Grille
P.N. = 75147-TZ3-A01
-Cover, Front Grille
P.N. = 71123-TZ3-A11
-Mesh, Front Grille Diamond
P.N. = 71124-TZ3-A11
-Cover, Front Grille Radar (A)
P.N. = 71125-TZ3-A11
-Ring, Front Emblem
P.N. = 71126-TZ3-A11

Or, you could just buy the last 4 parts of the list along with your current first 3 parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a heads up, my local dealers prices for the last 4 parts (Canada), about $200 cheaper than buying from the USA and shipping:
-Cover, Front Grille
P.N. = 71123-TZ3-A11
$86.65

P.N. = 71124-TZ3-A11
$310.23

P.N. = 71125-TZ3-A11
$272.50

-Ring, Front Emblem
P.N. = 71126-TZ3-A11
$182.25

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have bought all the parts and started on this project. Did anyone ever get/take pics of the back? Instagram dude doesn't show it (can't blame him protecting his work). I'm curious how it all is connected.

I'll be honest, my goal here is to manufacture these for a hell of a lot less than buying the parts from the dealer. The chrome ring $90ish USD? Probably $3 worth of material and easily replicated. It's atrocious how expensive this plastic is because of an Acura part number. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I never really hated the beak on the TLX, but I did fall in love with the new grille of the 2018 models. So I saw a guy on instagram was making these custom grilles, took a chance, and here's the final product on my 2015 tech!

I like the face lift the 2018's received, especially the new diamond pentagon grille, but I feel like it looks a little 'fat' and makes the car's front end seem really wide. Not to say it's not a good looking vehicle, because it is, just my opinion. This grille gave me the best of both worlds, the diamond pentagon grille and inward sloping grille/headlights/bumper that I love about the 15's.

Anyways, what do you all think?
I never really hated the beak on the TLX, but I did fall in love with the new grille of the 2018 models. So I saw a guy on instagram was making these custom grilles, took a chance, and here's the final product on my 2015 tech!

I like the face lift the 2018's received, especially the new diamond pentagon grille, but I feel like it looks a little 'fat' and makes the car's front end seem really wide. Not to say it's not a good looking vehicle, because it is, just my opinion. This grille gave me the best of both worlds, the diamond pentagon grille and inward sloping grille/headlights/bumper that I love about the 15's.

I would like the info for the grille I would like to order one please and thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have bought all the parts and started on this project. Did anyone ever get/take pics of the back? Instagram dude doesn't show it (can't blame him protecting his work). I'm curious how it all is connected.

I'll be honest, my goal here is to manufacture these for a hell of a lot less than buying the parts from the dealer. The chrome ring $90ish USD? Probably $3 worth of material and easily replicated. It's atrocious how expensive this plastic is because of an Acura part number. Stay tuned.

i found these on another forum
UPDATE(LINK)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Love the look. I just had mine delivered a month ago and Had a buddy help me with the install. A little pricey but I’m totally happy with the way it turned out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's a lot classier look than the beak, and nicer even then the 2018+ front ends!

I'm a week or two away from pouring a test mould for reproducing these grilles from resin so we can skip OEM parts from the dealer. I'll post here for sure once I have them ready to take orders.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Love the look. I just had mine delivered a month ago and Had a buddy help me with the install. A little pricey but I’m totally happy with the way it turned out!
Looks great, nice job!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may be a simple DIY project once you have the new grill.
Here are the instructions for installing fog lights.
I don't think it will take much more than step 15 and 16 from these instructions.
LinkDeny
Nice, can you download and re-post? I get not-authorized. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up, my local dealers prices for the last 4 parts (Canada), about $200 cheaper than buying from the USA and shipping:
-Cover, Front Grille
P.N. = 71123-TZ3-A11
$86.65

P.N. = 71124-TZ3-A11
$310.23

P.N. = 71125-TZ3-A11
$272.50

-Ring, Front Emblem
P.N. = 71126-TZ3-A11
$182.25
I think it's a lot classier look than the beak, and nicer even then the 2018+ front ends!

I'm a week or two away from pouring a test mould for reproducing these grilles from resin so we can skip OEM parts from the dealer. I'll post here for sure once I have them ready to take orders.
Good day sir. Wondering if you have any updates on this. I'm in Ottawa,ON and looking to get rid of my 2016 grille. I want to go with a DIY approach but don't know where to start other than ordering the parts. Have you moved ahead? taking any pics as you go? thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good day sir. Wondering if you have any updates on this. I'm in Ottawa,ON and looking to get rid of my 2016 grille. I want to go with a DIY approach but don't know where to start other than ordering the parts. Have you moved ahead? taking any pics as you go? thanks.
Oh yeah, I've built a handful from scratch and now have a copy/mould under development so we can skip buying OEM parts and cutting them up. Give me a few more weeks and I should have the first test poured.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that's awesome. Put me in line for one of those once you are set up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm done! I ended up scrapping the mould as seen above. It's just too large of a piece to pour well outside of commercial facility. I've ended up reproducing many of the other parts including the emblem and emblem surround which has cut down the cost by a ton.

These are now finished, in production, and ready to order:

·
Registered
4 Posts
cost 1,000-1,500? how much are we paying for parts and labor? can we just buy the parts separately?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts