Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really hated the beak on the TLX, but I did fall in love with the new grille of the 2018 models. So I saw a guy on instagram was making these custom grilles, took a chance, and here's the final product on my 2015 tech!

I like the face lift the 2018's received, especially the new diamond pentagon grille, but I feel like it looks a little 'fat' and makes the car's front end seem really wide. Not to say it's not a good looking vehicle, because it is, just my opinion. This grille gave me the best of both worlds, the diamond pentagon grille and inward sloping grille/headlights/bumper that I love about the 15's.

Anyways, what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice and is better than changing the entire front end :)

How much did it cost and how easy is it to install?

Can you share details of the guy who made these?
Agreed! Check out boss02126 on insta, he is the one who made it and his page has info on the parts needed. In total, it's about a grand after it's all said and done, but it really depends on how much you can buy the grille parts for. F***ing expensive for a bunch of plastic... In theory you could use some of the existing parts from your current grille and save some money, but I liked having my original in case something ever happens to the new one.

I'll be honest, it's advertised as plug-and-play kinda thing. Just un-clip the old one and clip in the new, but I had some issues when trying to fit it into my bumper. Required a couple dremel cuts, some on the new grille some one a couple under the hood plastic pieces on the car. I didn't have to cut anything expensive or important on my car...because trust me, I wouldn't have.

This may be a simple DIY project once you have the new grill.
Here are the instructions for installing fog lights.
I don't think it will take much more than step 15 and 16 from these instructions.
LinkDeny
I can't see the link, but the install required me to take off the front bumper (12ish screws and 20ish plastic clips). Once that's off you literally just un-clip the old one and put in the new. Wasn't terrible. I don't 'work' on my cars at all. This was the most in depth car project I've ever done, and I figured it out. If you are comfortable around cars, it should be no biggie.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Did you take any pictures of the back of the grill before you installed it?
I'm wondering if I can reverse engineer what he did and make it myself.

·
Registered
458 Posts
He emailed me back. The parts you need if you reuse some of you old parts cost about $500.
He charges $300 for labor and about $70 for shipping on top off that.

If anyone else buys one of these, would you please take detailed close up pictures of the front and back?
$1000 is too much for me, but if I can do it for $500 myself I will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like it a lot. I remember running across a guy on IG and asking if there was a mod that included the radar for the ACC/CMBS radar. He never responded.

Either way, I'll suck it up, as I just had the beak and chrome surround replaced because of a roof shingle/tile that flew off the back of a truck.

Your mod looks good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you happen to know if this anyone has done this lately (2017-2019). Tried to reach out to the point of contact (email) about my 2017 but received nothing back. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really wanna do this for my 2015. looks smooth man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts