Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filed NHTSA Complaint, The surge in downshift is dangerous

10K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  enterprise 
It's back again

I'm sorry to post problems with my 2015 TLX I4 again. I thought the transmission issue was mostly gone after I had the update last month. I still have the hard or delayed shift from reverse to drive when cold, but last week the car slipped/shifted out of gear like it was in neutral when I accelerated from a stop to go through an intersection. I'm so glad there were no cars coming. I could have been T-boned. Took the car back to the dealer the same day. The Service Manager asked me if it was in Economy mode (it was), but then he acted like he had never heard of this happening to a TLX. The sales dept. at my dealership said they haven't heard of any transmission problems with any of the TLX's. I'm in a loaner and won't get back in the car until it's fixed. Sent my Lemon Law letter to Acura the same day. I like the car, but not enough to drive it when it's doing that.

Got my TLX 4 cylinder back on Wednesday. Still has the reverse to drive hard shift when cold. In normal mode, car seems to rev pretty high now before it shifts. If I accelerate onto the highway it doesn't shift until 6000+ RPM's now in most gears. I don't recall it doing that before. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.