Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX, Fathom Blue, Tech pack.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the 2yr mark on my 2016 TLX the battery died. Replaced under warranty. Its been 2yrs 3 days and the replacement battery died. Parked the car in the middle of the driveway for 5 min. Came out to go vote with the wife, and the car will not start. Can't find in the owners manual how to get the car into neutral and release the park brake, so I call the dealership. Oh, you have to have a jump box or jump the car off to that. It has to have power or you need a special tool to do it. It was blocking the driveway with the other 3 cars behind it. Ugh...(CURSE WORDS!!!)

·
Super Moderator
756 Posts
Do you drive the vehicle everyday or are there times you let the vehicle sit for weeks?
Have you added any electrical component(s) to the vehicle?
Has the battery ever gone dead and needed a jump start or do you ever use your car to jump start another car?
How long do you think the battery should last?

·
Registered
217 Posts
There are only 8 car battery manufacturers to feed all these brand names. A dealer battery and a Walmart battery may very well be the same. My experience is that if it's close to two years, you're on borrowed time. So I joined Triple A and bought a portable jump starter.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I highly recommend getting a batteryless jump starter to throw in your car.
This type does not require that you keep it charged, it uses the residual energy in the car battery to charge up and start the car.

The only time it doesn't work is if you leave lights on until the battery is completely depleted (happened to my neighbor)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Acura might be trying to do something about this issue. I note the battery that comes in my '21 TLX is a group 94R AGM unit rated at 800CCW and 80AH. That's pretty hefty for a passenger car battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts