Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you expectations of the 2014 TLX?

all-wheel drive? hybrid? larger motor? 7 speed auto? variable cylinder management?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's a really good question.

I was hoping the TLX will be Acura's fulled fledged luxury attempt at competing with the top models of BMW and Mercedes, but I don't think this happen

From what I understand, the TLX will be based on the accord and will most likely be 4 cylinder. I hope a v6 version is in the works.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a new design along the lines of the new RLX and NSX inspiration would be nice.

Larger engine? Maybe. Or just more power out of the current 3.7L

Keep the 6 speed manual.

Update the interior

I think it should sell well either way. It should be similar to the RLX with a few less features.

·
Registered
222 Posts
a design inbetween the RLX and NSX would be awesome, if there's anything they need it's more performance sedan styling in the TLX and not one bit of an old man image...the RLX sort of does that, it's boring.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious to see if they will actually try to get more power out of the 3.7L.

Or maybe they will go hybrid and add some torque with the electric motor.

I'd like to see the timing belt go and move onto chains.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am curious to see if they will actually try to get more power out of the 3.7L.

Or maybe they will go hybrid and add some torque with the electric motor.

I'd like to see the timing belt go and move onto chains.
hybrid with electric motors at the wheels to produce even more power seems more like it. it's what they are doing with the RLX,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts