Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 TLX less than 17,000 miles.
If you review my recent posts, you will get more in sites with photos. After getting my fuel pump replaced due to recall (which may have nothing to do with the issue) I started receiving multiple alarms for Breaks, Parking, Engine trouble. Also, the vehicle would not move forward as the breaks were locked up.
Took to dealer and they said the faults were due to an emissions fault and would have to replace the fuel filler neck. That completed and 4 days later the lights are back on. Dealership says they have to order other parts... (4 weeks have passed.... still no parts). Dealer has told me that besides a slight difference in gas millage, I should notice no other issues and the lights will remain on. Randomly, after starting the car and placing into drive, the car will not move forward because the breaks are locked up. Today was the third time this has happened and I was out of state at the time.
While the dealership indicates the car will operate with no issues, this is not true. One cannot tell if there is a real engine problem. I also don't believe that it is not normal for a car not to move forward after going into drive.
I got a loaner vehicle, four weeks later the parts came in. 14 days later the emergency and warning lights are back on. The dealership will not answer the basic question, "Is ACURA aware of this issue?" They only say that they (the dealership) has not seen this before. Who is LYING to me? You can go on to Google or YouTube and see examples of this issue.
Could you provide some insights or forward to someone who might.
Appreciate your time.
BTW: Any forum moderator that has previously replied has been of NO assistance.
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would call Acura customer care and explain your experience to them, i.e. it all started w/ the recall repair and everything that has taken place since, and request that Acura engineering be involved in diagnosing and repairing your issue. I have no experience with this particular issue and I'm guessing a number of folks on here do not either, to include moderators, so though your frustration in getting assistance and resolving the problem is understandable I encourage you to not assume anyone is ignoring you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would call Acura customer care and explain your experience to them, i.e. it all started w/ the recall repair and everything that has taken place since, and request that Acura engineering be involved in diagnosing and repairing your issue. I have no experience with this particular issue and I'm guessing a number of folks on here do not either, to include moderators, so though your frustration in getting assistance and resolving the problem is understandable I encourage you to not assume anyone is ignoring you.
I contacted Acura Customer care (Honda). They took notes and said that if it is not rectified on the next attempt that I should contact them and a management review would be performed. Again, Acura Customer Care (ACC) would not acknowledge that others are having the same problem. The operator said she has seen no other similar issues.
If more people that call ACC describing this issue, the less opportunity they will be able to deny it. They don't want to hear about the numerous YouTube/Google videos.
Acura Customer Care (Honda) phone number is 1-800-382-2238. If you need, I can provide you with my case# if they deny similar reports. Wonder what they will say then. !!!!!!!
Please let me know what you find.
Thank you for your insights.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hopefully they are able to get it sorted out for you. I haven't had that issue, but I've had my share of other issues. Fortunately, my service department has taken care of me. Though, I do have some things that just randomly reoccur like the doors trying to lock 5 times in a row for no reason, but there's no way to predictably reproduce and no error code so it's difficult for them to diagnose. Fortunately, or unfortunately, yours comes right back like a bad penny. I hope your issue gets resolved! If it doesn't maybe they can work up a nice trade-in offer for you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully they are able to get it sorted out for you. I haven't had that issue, but I've had my share of other issues. Fortunately, my service department has taken care of me. Though, I do have some things that just randomly reoccur like the doors trying to lock 5 times in a row for no reason, but there's no way to predictably reproduce and no error code so it's difficult for them to diagnose. Fortunately, or unfortunately, yours comes right back like a bad penny. I hope your issue gets resolved! If it doesn't maybe they can work up a nice trade-in offer for you!
Well, it is back in the shop this morning. Glad things are working out for you. Otherwise, I have had no issues. Wonder how long this inspection/work will take. Again, thanks for your insights. I am still willing to provide my case# should anyone else need it to prove to Acura/Honda that others are having this issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well well well. Just got my TLX back. When I dropped it off, I reminded them AGAIN, that non of the alarms were present until after they replaced the fuel pump, due to a recall. I had them put that in the work order. Luckily, I was low on fuel. *
They took out the back seat to access the fuel tank and recheck their work They smoked the fuel line to the tank and saw smoke streaming out past the Fuel Tank Locking Ring. They disassembled and found that they had twisted the O-ring. ***
Going forward: Anyone who has to replace the fuel pump and you start getting the alarms...Have them recheck their work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol, all of that for something as simple as this! I'm glad you were finally able to get a resolution to you issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts