Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I picked up my low mileage (32000 mile) 2015 TLX 2.4l used in a private sale a few months back. I've noticed a bit of an odd thing when I accelerate at moderate half throttle pull..the engine seems to hesitate or buck a bit through the Rev range. Wondering if anyone else has experience something similar or knows what the issue might be. On full throttle it pulls smooth all the way up as well as regular driving. The issue seems to appear only on moderate pulls which is odd.

More info:
- I've ran 2 bottles of fuel system cleaner through it and haven't noticed any improvements, all tanks since I've owned it have been premium. I am unsure if the previous owner followed the Premium Gas recommendation.
- I've just done all maintenance on it, air cleaner, engine oil, tranny oil etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey guys, I picked up my low mileage (32000 mile) 2015 TLX 2.4l used in a private sale a few months back. I've noticed a bit of an odd thing when I accelerate at moderate half throttle pull..the engine seems to hesitate or buck a bit through the Rev range. Wondering if anyone else has experience something similar or knows what the issue might be. On full throttle it pulls smooth all the way up as well as regular driving. The issue seems to appear only on moderate pulls which is odd.

More info:
  • I've ran 2 bottles of fuel system cleaner through it and haven't noticed any improvements, all tanks since I've owned it have been premium. I am unsure if the previous owner followed the Premium Gas recommendation.
  • I've just done all maintenance on it, air cleaner, engine oil, tranny oil etc.
It took a while for me to get used to DCT, I wasn't thrilled the first few months of ownership on my new 2015 2.4l, now that I got used to it, I feel it is great.
I think there is nothing wrong with your TLX, just needs a bit of getting used to it.

Reactions: Yamariv

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took a while for me to get used to DCT, I wasn't thrilled the first few months of ownership on my new 2015 2.4l, now that I got used to it, I feel it is great.
I think there is nothing wrong with your TLX, just needs a bit of getting used to it.
Interesting, you think that the DCT is responsible for the hesitating feeling? Have you noticed something similar with yours?

I did just get the most recent transmission update a couple weeks ago and it made a huge difference so far! I was finding when the tranny was cold it would shift a bit harder that in should. Super happy I got the update but I feel this hesitation might be something else..:unsure:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting, you think that the DCT is responsible for the hesitating feeling? Have you noticed something similar with yours?

I did just get the most recent transmission update a couple weeks ago and it made a huge difference so far! I was finding when the tranny was cold it would shift a bit harder that in should. Super happy I got the update but I feel this hesitation might be something else..:unsure:
In that case, give it some more time to adapt to your driving style. After transmission update, it could take 500miles or more to learn your driving habits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case, give it some more time to adapt to your driving style. After transmission update, it could take 500miles or more to learn your driving habits.
I'm not sure why you think the hesitation is the tranny?.. I guess I'll re-explain, while the car Rev's from say 3000rpm to 6000 rpm the engine seems to hesitate on and off and not pull smoothly through the rev when the gas pedal is held at about half..this is not during any shifting at all just engine revving through the Rpms

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not sure why you think the hesitation is the tranny?.. I guess I'll re-explain, while the car Rev's from say 3000rpm to 6000 rpm the engine seems to hesitate on and off and not pull smoothly through the rev when the gas pedal is held at about half..this is not during any shifting at all just engine revving through the Rpms
I suggest you test drive a similar vehicle and see how it reacts to your driving style.
When I first bought my 2015 TLX 2.4, I felt it very odd especially after driving my 97 Honda Accord. Car was shifting hard and felt as if car was rear ended, lurching forward while coming to stop and upon acceleration the shift pattern was not uniform. In short, the vehicle response was not linier with throttle push. Only now, I feel my TLX and myself seem to understand each other and I am fine with how it is driving.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suggest you test drive a similar vehicle and see how it reacts to your driving style.
When I first bought my 2015 TLX 2.4, I felt it very odd especially after driving my 97 Honda Accord. Car was shifting hard and felt as if car was rear ended, lurching forward while coming to stop and upon acceleration the shift pattern was not uniform. In short, the vehicle response was not linier with throttle push. Only now, I feel my TLX and myself seem to understand each other and I am fine with how it is driving.
Has your car gotten the updated tranny program? Made a huge difference on the smoothness of the tranny after I got mine. If I come across another 8 Speed TLX I'll have to check out how it drives for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts