Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the U.S. Owners. Does Pandora appear as an audio source the same as FM, AM, XM, CD etc.? It doesn't on the Canadian version.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a question for the U.S. Owners. Does Pandora appear as an audio source the same as FM, AM, XM, CD etc.? It doesn't on the Canadian version.
Yes. It is listed as an audio source on my US SH-AWD Advance. I don't have a Pandora device connected so I can't tell you anything else about how it works.

PleasantRidger

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That's all I needed to know.

It's not listed on the Canadian models. It was the same thing with my 2013 Si. I had to go into one of the menus and enable it. I'm guessing I'll need to do the same with the TLX. Now to find out which menu.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that its not even available in Canada.

What exactly is it anyway? I music streaming app?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. It's a music streaming app. It's not available in Canada but a VPN will fix that. I used it in my last car and it worked well.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
By default Pandora is listed on the second screen page, on US models.

When I received the patch for ELS, I moved Pandora over to page 1.

That's good you have a work-around. I wonder if Pandora will ever venture into Canada.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a licensing issue I think. May be too expensive for them to come to Canada.

I probably don't need it with XM and the music on my phone. It's more of a situation where Acura says we can't have it...so I want it. Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used Pandora regularly. It is pretty responsive, actually. With T-Mobile, and unlimited streaming, it makes for a nice feature in the TLX. It works with both Bluetooth, and directly connected to the USB cable, and in both modes, you can even thumbs-up, thumbs-down songs, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. The functionality that Honda/Acura provides with Pandora is really good. I enjoyed it in my last car.

I couldn't find anything in the diagnostic menu. This may be more difficult than it was in my Si.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found where it's disabled.

You need to go into the diagnostic menu. (Nav-Back-Menu at the same time)

Once in there select Detail Information and Setting

On that page select Functional Setup

In the Functional Setup menu select Pandora Setting

In the Pandora Setting menu it will be disabled by default. Select Enable.

The alert will say that the change will take effect when the Nav is restarted. Return out of all the windows. Once the Nav is restarted, Pandora shows on the 2nd page of the Audio settings.

I apologise for not being able to put the pictures under each step. I'll need to start using a 3rd party to host my photos for the forum I think. They should get the idea across though.

Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great. Now if you could find the setting to allow navigation full address entry on a Canadian model you would be a real hero.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I found where it's disabled.

You need to go into the diagnostic menu. (Nav-Back-Menu at the same time)

Once in there select Detail Information and Setting

On that page select Functional Setup

In the Functional Setup menu select Pandora Setting

In the Pandora Setting menu it will be disabled by default. Select Enable.

The alert will say that the change will take effect when the Nav is restarted. Return out of all the windows. Once the Nav is restarted, Pandora shows on the 2nd page of the Audio settings.

I apologise for not being able to put the pictures under each step. I'll need to start using a 3rd party to host my photos for the forum I think. They should get the idea across though.

Attached Thumbnails
Great!
Thanks for finding and posting that.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Find anything else interesting in the diagnostic menu? Lol

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Pandora As An Input Source

@TLX2014 I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I may have missed that discussion and don't know what I'm missing compared to the U.S. system. If you can describe the issue I'll let you know if anything looked familiar.
@MTD I didn't poke around in there too much. The very first time I went in the menu it hung. Nothing would respond. I had to shut the car off and back on. Luckily it came back up no problem. It was a few minutes of sweating bullets though. Lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, this will help as mine is disabled. Not sure why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts