Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman said I should receive my TLX anytime from September 7th through September 11th. A couple of days ago, they said the delivery truck was in Georgia.

Today I emailed the salesman and heard nothing. I decided to visit with him in person. I found out he comes in at noon. In the meantime, I went to talk with a manager.

I told him that I expected to receive my new TLX today. He said the TLX has not arrived. He then checked the order delivery sheet. He said the car is currently in Kentucky. WTF? How did it get from Georgia to Kentucky? Why is the car further away now? Being a grown man, I felt like I would cry like a baby ::crying:: or just get angry :mad:. Lucikly I kept my cool but still expressed my dissatisfaction :cool:.

I stated that I really don't want to wait another week and will check the current inventory to see if I can buy another car today. I still could not settle for anything but Basque Red Pearl II. The salesman came in and told him about my dilemma. I felt like a whiner, but I was pissed.

It's already turning into a long story, so to keep a long story from becoming even longer, I will cut to the chase.

After looking around, they found a red car in Ft. Meyers, which is 141 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale on the other coast of Florida. The car arrived to my dealer around 7:30pm EDT. I plan to pick up the car tomorrow after work.

It was a long day. I am ready for bed.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Good news that they found you one though. The wait is frustrating enough without having to be told different things that aren't right.

Good luck sleeping if you're picking it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My salesman said I should receive my TLX anytime from September 7th through September 11th. A couple of days ago, they said the delivery truck was in Georgia.

Today I emailed the salesman and heard nothing. I decided to visit with him in person. I found out he comes in at noon. In the meantime, I went to talk with a manager.

I told him that I expected to receive my new TLX today. He said the TLX has not arrived. He then checked the order delivery sheet. He said the car is currently in Kentucky. WTF? How did it get from Georgia to Kentucky? Why is the car further away now? Being a grown man, I felt like I would cry like a baby ::crying:: or just get angry :mad:. Lucikly I kept my cool but still expressed my dissatisfaction :cool:.

I stated that I really don't want to wait another week and will check the current inventory to see if I can buy another car today. I still could not settle for anything but Basque Red Pearl II. The salesman came in and told him about my dilemma. I felt like a whiner, but I was pissed.

It's already turning into a long story, so to keep a long story from becoming even longer, I will cut to the chase.

After looking around, they found a red car in Ft. Meyers, which is 141 miles west of Ft. Lauderdale on the other coast of Florida. The car arrived to my dealer around 7:30pm EDT. I plan to pick up the car tomorrow after work.

It was a long day. I am ready for bed.
Good persistence, you have to be the Squeaky Wheel sometimes to get what was promised. Kudos to you for sticking it out and holding them accountable.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Glad its working out, I'm looking forward to seeing you finally get it. I was hoping I'd see a thread with pictures today there bud.

Was your salesman just average? Or was he good?

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad its working out, I'm looking forward to seeing you finally get it. I was hoping I'd see a thread with pictures today there bud.

Was your salesman just average? Or was he good?
At first I thought he was just okay, but yesterday his decision to look for and find another car was impressive. I did not see this energy before. He came through when I needed him.

I did have to educate him a bit on the car itself since Acura does not share much information about the car internally or externally. He said there is a TLX training program coming out this week for sales. He should graduate at the top of his class after my tutelage. :) I even gave him a copy of the owner's manual that no one else had seen.

He also educated me on leasing. I did not realize the advantages before. I always excluded leasing as an option because of my high mileage. So I would consider him a good salesman. I never felt I could trust him being a car salesman, but he hasn't led me astray. I found a new respect for him.

Today, he asked if I wanted the windows tinted on my car before I picked it up. I thanked him but said I would wait to see what tint was available. He said he will give me some training on the new car this evening. I read the manual, but I can always use some training.

I anxiously await to get off from work early to go pickup the car. Hopefully it will be light enough outside to get a pic to you.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
The owners manuals are online. I can provide links if you want to send his way. It's right on the Acura site.

Anxiously awaiting pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
430 Posts
At first I thought he was just okay, but yesterday his decision to look for and find another car was impressive. I did not see this energy before. He came through when I needed him.

I did have to educate him a bit on the car itself since Acura does not share much information about the car internally or externally. He said there is a TLX training program coming out this week for sales. He should graduate at the top of his class after my tutelage. :) I even gave him a copy of the owner's manual that no one else had seen.

He also educated me on leasing. I did not realize the advantages before. I always excluded leasing as an option because of my high mileage. So I would consider him a good salesman. I never felt I could trust him being a car salesman, but he hasn't led me astray. I found a new respect for him.

Today, he asked if I wanted the windows tinted on my car before I picked it up. I thanked him but said I would wait to see what tint was available. He said he will give me some training on the new car this evening. I read the manual, but I can always use some training.

I anxiously await to get off from work early to go pickup the car. Hopefully it will be light enough outside to get a pic to you.
Remember, Pics or it didn't happen ;) Congrats on FINALLY getting TLX. I know we can sometimes be hard on salepeople, but when they're good man they're good aren't they ;):D

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just wonder what happened to your actual car that was apparently in Georgia. That's frustrating but hopefully once you get your TLX it will all be history.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to bring you the bad news, but I just saw on the news a bunch of Florida hillbillies being chased by police on i595 in what looked to be a Basque Red Pearl II TLX.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wonder what happened to your actual car that was apparently in Georgia. That's frustrating but hopefully once you get your TLX it will all be history.
I think there was a transport mix up. The VIN that was in Georgia somehow appeared on the car in Kentucky. The dealers traded favors and this lost car will go to the dealer I got my car from.

It is history now. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.