Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The ELS system "can" sound pretty decent given the right input. Xm is decent and actual CDs sound great. But, who still buys pysical media?

Ive got a 64GB flash drive with a bunch of dl'd music on it. It sounds ok to decent at best.

Ive really got to start looking for some lossless stuff.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The ELS system "can" sound pretty decent given the right input. Xm is decent and actual CDs sound great. But, who still buys pysical media?

Ive got a 64GB flash drive with a bunch of dl'd music on it. It sounds ok to decent at best.

Ive really got to start looking for some lossless stuff.
Ultimately 320kbps audio is what you want.

Someone who really loves their music and want to maximize what those speakers can do should look into getting sound proofing done.
A lot of work but worth it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XM was fun while it lasted (3 months), but I found the content repeatable. So I have figured out my option - Apple iPod Touch 64Gb!

I love the integrated Music Search function of the iPod, I have 2Tb of music at home, love listening to podcast (music & talk). I store music on iTouch at a lower bit rate due to a non-perfect listening environment (ie road noise). Can access the iPod from my computer when parked in the garage and update content or via hotspot from my iPhone with OTA.

Have a cig lighter power adapter in the cig lighter of the media bin, so iPhone can charge and be accessible. The iTouch is , of course, plugged into the USB port.

Really who buys hard media today! I think that they should allow non-DRM content to be stored on the HDD.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
That sounds like a pretty good setup.

I also wonder why Acura won't allow copying music from USB. Two friends of mine have similar systems in their vehicles and can transfer music from USB. One is a BMW and the other a Dodge. I'd be curious of their reasoning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts