Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not sure if this applies to Canada at all. I got the deal here in NJ.

So I used Edmunds Price Promise for 2.4, i4 w/Tech here in Northern NJ. got quotes from about 6 dealerships within a 50 mile radius. Ironically, didn't get an Edmunds Price Promise from the dealership I have been using for all my Acuras since 2003. (Best Edmunds Price Promise including destination fee was $32,084, which is $4,602 below MSRP).

After comparing all the offers and getting an email from one dealership promising $200 less than my best Edmunds Price Guarantee, I put all my quotes in a folder along with my trade-in valuations from KBB, Edmunds and Black book, and was ready to drive over to my usual dealership to negotiate. Just before I left, I receive this email from Edmunds:

Edmunds.com
You just unlocked the $1500* code to a new 2016/2017 Acura TLX or ILX

Edmunds Inside Deal

Hi David *****,

Congratulations on getting an exclusive $1500 off a 2016/2017 Acura TLX or ILX.

As soon as you're ready to buy, reveal your edmunds code at your local Acura dealership to receive a $1500 offer on your 2016/2017 Acura TLX or ILX.

Your $1500 offer code is:

Barcode

Offer valid through 09/06/16

Offer Details*Offer available to individual named on the offer code certificate. The offer code must be presented at the time of purchase and cannot be retroactively applied on previous purchase. Offer only available toward Cap Cost Reduction or Down Payment Assistance with the lease or finance with Acura Financial Services® (AFS) of any new and not previously reported sold 2016 Acura TLX, 2017 TLX, 2016 ILX or 2017 ILX through September 6, 2016. Must qualify for and lease or finance through AFS for a minimum of 24 months or more of regularly scheduled payments. Offer not valid if AFS credit criteria are not met. Not compatible with Zero Due at Signing Lease programs, Acura Loyalty programs or other Acura Conquest incentive programs, unless otherwise specified. Fleet sales and Acura Courtesy Car Program vehicles are not eligible. No trade-in required. Offer only valid for one transaction. Nontransferable except to members of same household living at the same address – the proof of current common address must be presented at the dealership. Not redeemable for cash. Incentive paid to dealer and requires dealer participation. See your participating dealer for additional details.

More questions? Check out our FAQs or e-mail [email protected]

Your edmunds inside deal is valid on the models below:
Acura TLX Acura ILX

Acura TLX Additional savings: $1500
Acura ILX Additional savings: $1500
This discount is really a rebate from Edmunds/Acura that is applied to the bottom line (after tax) on a sale or lease. You must finance or lease through Acura to be eligible.

Had I walked out my door 30 minutes earlier, I wouldn't have known about it.

My salesman and his manager were astonished at it and had no knowledge of this new promo. They called Edmunds and confirmed and took $1,500 off the bottom line on my down payment. The promo cannot be combined with any "loyalty or conquest promos" but those are only $500-$750 anyway. THe promo is combinable with Edmunds Price Promise.

So, everyone who is out there shopping for a TLX or ILX, make sure you get Edmunds price promises for your negotiation and make sure you get this $1,500 rebate offer if you plan to lease or finance thru Acura. If they don't email it to you, call them to make sure they do. $1,500 is better in your pocket than Acura's!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does not apply to Canada.
I have a feeling it is also geographically restricted here in the states. From what I hear, TLX sales here in the Northeast US are weak... in fact many dealers still have some 2015's lying around as well as a glut of 2016's.

I could hear the GM of my local dealership humming: "....got to move these refrigerators, got to move these color TVs... I want my MTV."

Again, the rebate/discount offer was sent to me by Edmunds about an hour or two after I requested Edmunds Price Promises from dealers within 50 mile radius of me. I am thankful for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which dealer

Dcat, this is great news to hear! I'm also thinking of upgrading my current TSX. Can you help me with what dealership you went to? I've been using DCH Montclair Acura, they've always done right by me for both sales and service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dcat, this is great news to hear! I'm also thinking of upgrading my current TSX. Can you help me with what dealership you went to? I've been using DCH Montclair Acura, they've always done right by me for both sales and service.
DCH is very good. My next door neighbor has leased two Acuras from them and has nothing but good things to say. I've used Acura of Denville on Rte 10 since my very first Acura purchase back in 2003. They are reasonable with a good service team. Brutal on trade-ins, but I got what I wanted, otherwise my next stop was Montclair!

To get the $1,500 instant rebate certificate deal from Edmunds, I think you have to ask Edmunds for Price Promises from local dealerships first. About an hour after I got a batch of Price Promises in my email box, Edmunds sent me the $1,500 rebate certificate. Came out of nowhere and I didn't expect it. was a total surprise.

Just so you know, my best Edmunds price Promises were from DCH and another from Rochelle Park. They beat everyone else by $500-$700. Denville didn't even send me a price promise. If Edmunds don't send you the $1,500 rebate certificate within an hour of getting your Price Promises, just give Edmunds a call. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't even input my information on the edmunds.com site. I had been searching for a TLX. A day later, a co worker suggested I look at the Lexus NX 200t. While I searched for a Lexus, a blue notification popped up and offered me $1250 toward a new 2016 TLX or ILX. While I type this up, I decide to try searching for a different Lexus - the GS 200t. And, voila! An offer for $1500 lease cash comes up! All you need to do is enter your full name and e-mail address. If you look at the picture, perhaps the website on there can help.

I plan to use it this week on a new TLX. Perhaps edmunds.com site saw that I veered away from an Acura and it was programmed to get me to come back? Either way, it seems you don't have to deal joining or using the site to get quotes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I didn't even input my information on the edmunds.com site. I had been searching for a TLX. A day later, a co worker suggested I look at the Lexus NX 200t. While I searched for a Lexus, a blue notification popped up and offered me $1250 toward a new 2016 TLX or ILX. While I type this up, I decide to try searching for a different Lexus - the GS 200t. And, voila! An offer for $1500 lease cash comes up! All you need to do is enter your full name and e-mail address. If you look at the picture, perhaps the website on there can help.

I plan to use it this week on a new TLX. Perhaps edmunds.com site saw that I veered away from an Acura and it was programmed to get me to come back? Either way, it seems you don't have to deal joining or using the site to get quotes.
Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you make out with your deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
did it work?

can someone pls confirm if this worked? what steps other than financing through AFS makes someone eligible? I have finalized on the deal and picking it up on 07/30 (just made a deposit and haven't done any paper work yet). I didn't use edmunds.com for talking to the dealer instead I contacted all the dealers directly through their website to get quotes.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Did the dealership accept coupon code? looking forward to hear from you. I'm signing papers for 2016 TLX on 07/30

·
Registered
236 Posts
I priced SHAWD Techs (2016) yesterday, for fun via Edmunds price promise, and it looks like they are offering mid $37k right off the bat, without any engagement in my first offer. I did NOT get the $1,500.00 coupon even after the 3 dealers thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the dealership accept coupon code? looking forward to hear from you. I'm signing papers for 2016 TLX on 07/30
Sorry I can't help. I wound up buying a 2016 Honda Accord Touring. I feel like I get a lot more tech compared to the Acura for less. To me it was a better value, especially since the Acura dealers in my area didn't want to budge from invoice (I walked out of two dealerships after they wouldn't play ball). Picked up my Touring almost $2500 below invoice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I priced SHAWD Techs (2016) yesterday, for fun via Edmunds price promise, and it looks like they are offering mid $37k right off the bat, without any engagement in my first offer. I did NOT get the $1,500.00 coupon even after the 3 dealers thing.
I never did the 3 dealers thingy. But I got $1250, $1500 & $1750 coupons from edmunds. It looks like a cookie/cache based thing. Every time I opened edmunds.com, I was given a different coupon. And the dealership definitely agreed to apply that coupon. But Acura Financial turned my loan application down (~800 score) because I'm not a US citizen.

The dealer started acting like a douche after this denial and even said that I might run away out of the country. So I walked out of the deal and bought the car elsewhere with my already pre approved loan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone, Edmunds has just upped the discount to $1,750 for August. And yes, my dealer accepted the $1,500 voucher. Had I waited a few weeks, it would have been $1,750.

I was the first person at my dealership to present the Edmunds voucher. They had no idea about it but vetted it and accepted it. So some salesmen may initially scoff at it. Rest assured, it is valid. If your salesman is doubtful, have him take the voucher in to his manager/finance guy so that they can confirm it for him.

$1,750! Wow.
Acura sales are really sucking. They have to move the glut of TLX's and ILX's they have lying around. It's a very nice deal and it can be layered over the Edmunds price promise. Perfect.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can someone pls confirm if this worked? what steps other than financing through AFS makes someone eligible? I have finalized on the deal and picking it up on 07/30 (just made a deposit and haven't done any paper work yet). I didn't use edmunds.com for talking to the dealer instead I contacted all the dealers directly through their website to get quotes.

Yes, it was accepted and an extra $1,500 was added to my down payment. That means the sales tax was on the pre-discount coupon price. In New Jersey, that would be 7% of $1,500 ($105) that could have been saved if the edmunds discount voucher was applied to the top line instead of the bottom line. Still, better to have the discount than not at all.

P.s. the Edmunds discount voucher is now at $1,750 for August. Acura is showing signs of desperation to move their inventory glut of TLX's and ILX's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never did the 3 dealers thingy. But I got $1250, $1500 & $1750 coupons from edmunds. It looks like a cookie/cache based thing. Every time I opened edmunds.com, I was given a different coupon. And the dealership definitely agreed to apply that coupon. But Acura Financial turned my loan application down (~800 score) because I'm not a US citizen.

The dealer started acting like a douche after this denial and even said that I might run away out of the country. So I walked out of the deal and bought the car elsewhere with my already pre approved loan.
Oh my God. That's horrible. Does Donald Trump run that dealership or is your dealer related to Donald Trump?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll wager that this same offer will apply to the TLX and ILX next year as well (they didn't do any major updates to the car!). I had considered a TLX. Compared it vs. the Accord Touring, and wound up w/ the Touring. So much more technology in the Touring vs. the TLX V6 w/ Advance - and I get it for a lot less (paid about $2500 below invoice). To those of you who bought an Acura, don't regret it. It's a good car. I really liked it. Wish it had more tech like the Accord. I might have been inclined to lease it, but, they Acura dealer here didn't want to play ball, and negotiate below invoice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to try and get this deal, but couldn't get it to come up any longer. I tried all kinds of zipcodes, but none would get it to trigger. Hitting Edmunds Shopper Special Offer directly redirects back to the homepage after flashing the offer. I think this might be a dead deal now. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to try and get this deal, but couldn't get it to come up any longer. I tried all kinds of zipcodes, but none would get it to trigger. Hitting Edmunds Shopper Special Offer directly redirects back to the homepage after flashing the offer. I think this might be a dead deal now. :(
It's still there. Try looking at other cars on the site. I never saw it pop up when I looked at the TLX. But, once I started looking at the Lexus, it popped up. Was looking at something for a friend last night, and I received a $1000 offer for the TLX/ILX.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the tip. New incognito window, browse to a new Acura TLX 2016, then browse to a Lexus ES 350, and got the offer. If you don't get the full $1,750, then close the incognito window and try again. It'll get there eventually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did the Edmunds deal and they quoted me $1750 in Massachusetts. I received an e-mail today reminding me that I had not used my $1750 from Edmunds and that it would expire on September 6, 2016. The dealers are usually the hungriest at the end of the month...August is winding down and September is looming quickly. Might be time to make a move.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts