Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to the TLX at lunch and played around with the radio. Someone said to turn off DTS Neural to get more bass. I turned DTS Neural off and did not notice any difference in bass. When I turned DTS Neural back on, I was surprised that the display changed from what it normally displayed.

Now it says CAT Neural instead of DTS Neural. Any idea what happened?:|

When I turn DTS Neural off, the display just says CAT. When I turn DTS Neural on, it says CAT Neural. Seems CAT Neural sounds like DTS Neural, but why the name change? Did I get a windows update overnight?:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think to get more base you need to turn off the ANC don't you? not the DTS...?
But sorry, not able to answer why it has gone to some random name I haven't seen in the manual

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got me scratching my head.

Sorry, some how I lost the original picture. Maybe it was too large. I made this one smaller. Look in the upper right corner and notice that the DTS has changed to CAT.:eek:

What is CAT Neural ?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think to get more base you need to turn off the ANC don't you? not the DTS...?
But sorry, not able to answer why it has gone to some random name I haven't seen in the manual
That works but I was looking for more. :)

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call off the search dogs!

I was just told what CAT means. I cannot believe I missed it.

I thought for sure I used to see DTS Neural up there. I looked all over for old photos but cannot find any.

Anyhow...

CAT Neural is displayed in XM mode. CAT being short for CATegory. When DTS Neural is turned off, it just shows CAT.

There is also CH Neural that is displayed in XM mode that indicates that the tune mode is set to CHannel mode.

Without photos I cannot prove it was ever DTS Neural displayed on the top screen. Guess it was my imagination.

Still learning about all this TLX tech. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts