Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All good things must come to an end and so did my lease.

I dropped off the TLX.

This was my 3rd Acura.

What will probably surprise a lot of people is what I'm driving now.

A Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

I have been driving it for a year now. I got the Outlander PHEV while I still had the TLX.

The new Premier of Ontario, Doug Ford cancelled the rebates on EVs/PHEVs and I wanted an electrified vehicle for my next one, so I got one taking advantage of the government rebates.

I'm very happy with it. It's not a luxury vehicle and you can see and feel it but the price tag ($59,000) is just as much of one. You're paying for the technology and it works.

I can go 30-40 km on a single charge (including highway speeds) without using a drop of gas and that instant torque while driving in the EV mode is very addictive.

It fills up for $40 and I can drive anywhere between 800-900 kms on a tank. The most I got was 1100 kms.

Being able to drive so much for so little is a new addiction.

I enjoyed the sporty drive for years and now I'm enjoying a thrifty drive

I definitely want to go fully electric for the next one

Here's an in-depth review of my Outlander PHEV.

·
Super Moderator
738 Posts
Sorry to see you leave the TLX family! That's a hefty price tag. Just wondering if you did a cost trade on how many miles (sorry, I'm USA) you would have driven on gas to get to the break even point with a TLX vs. what you paid. Regardless-good luck with the Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to see you leave the TLX family! That's a hefty price tag. Just wondering if you did a cost trade on how many miles (sorry, I'm USA) you would have driven on gas to get to the break even point with a TLX vs. what you paid. Regardless-good luck with the Mitsubishi.
I didn't. I was just interesting in getting something electrified and this fit the bill and requirements

Thanks, been driving it for over a year now and am happy overall.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts