Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone successfully using the Droid Razr M with respects to texting? BT is working fine... and I do receive notification when I have a new text message OK. However only once did the system read the text to me... since then every time I try it the system freezes for about 30 seconds and then nothing happens. It was nice when it worked that one time.... would love for it to work again. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I did try to repair it, same issue... I would guess the M doesn't support the needed features but yet again, it did once! What is up with that?

Yes the Razr M... and 2012 or not, its makes calls, BTs emails, text, can pretty much still do anything any current phone can do. (Just not fully with the TLX). Best part, I only have charge it once per day at night. Old school baby. :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had looked but for every phone I looked up it was always "compatible with most features" I didn't find the site useful.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really odd. I didn't realize the TLX was released in 2014 in Canada?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Really odd. I didn't realize the TLX was released in 2014 in Canada?
There is no '14 TLX, but I purchased my TLX in September 2014, weeks after its release. It was available in both Canada and the US at that time.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
What I meant was that the Bluetooth compatibility link on the Canadian site only goes up to 2014. Anything 2015 or newer (2015 was the first year for the TLX in Canada as well) for all platforms is not listed.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK so I discovered something new here with my Razar M and the TLX... so texting is working... however going back to my slowness issue (might be due to my phone)... when the message appears that prompts you have a text/email, would you like to read it... if I respond right a way nothing happens. If I wait about 30 seconds the caller/senders name comes up.. then if I press read the text is displayed normally. Very odd I guess looking up the caller ID is delayed very odd. Does anyone else have a delay until the caller ID is displayed on the "would you like to read it" prompt?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point but the other issue is that others have reported their phones not working fully with Text. I have access to an iPhone 6.... I'll give it a try just to see. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Good point but the other issue is that others have reported their phones not working fully with Text. I have access to an iPhone 6.... I'll give it a try just to see. Thanks for the suggestion.

No problem. I'm using an iPhone 6 so I'm curious to know how your system works with it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well oddly, I just tried it. I had the Text/Email enabled. BT worked, phone book, call history etc. However the text didn't come through to the TLX only the phone???

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup that did it and it worked much better. Seems to be the Razar... which might also be slowing down the system as a whole perhaps waiting for the phone. Time for an upgrade :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK so just found another issue, wondering if Apple phones have the same issue... If I have an entry in my phone's phone book with a name only listed under the company field, the phone book in the TLX doesn't show the name... the numbers come across but no name. Crazy! If I move the company name to the first/name field then next time the TLX syncs with the TLX's phone book it lists the name and phone numbers.

Anyone else have this issue too and any work arounds besides rename many contacts in my phone book?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts